2 1/2 Hour Power Failure on Liberty 3/22

mfs2k

Did Aunt pam have all her posts removed? Did everyone scare her off?:o

Do you blame her? I don't!

People on here are personally attacking her character and making fun of her handicap. I am more surprised those posts are not removed.

There was NO sign of any sort of panic on board when it happened.....

I did, however, see some lady on an electric wheelchair who looked like she had to go to the bathroom really bad.....

It's the same panicked feeling you get when you have to go poopie really bad and you know that there is no toilet paper anywhere in the house.

People on here are personally attacking her character and making fun of her handicap. I am more surprised those posts are not removed.

No I do not blame her. But both sides got nasty. I tried to sympathize with her at first, but then she dug her own hole. I guess it is hard when so upset about something to think rationally.

No I do not blame her. But both sides got nasty. I tried to sympathize with her at first, but then she dug her own hole. I guess it is hard when so upset about something to think rationally.

Both sides did get nasty, but I think she was frustrated and felt like she was being ganged-up on. Then the personal nasty remarks started. Seriously, does this not remind you of your classroom? Reminds me of my kids.

I just don't see how people can justify telling others how they should view their experiences or vacations. We all come with different views and backgrounds. What is no big deal to someone may cause panic and discomfort in another. Why is that wrong? Why belittle this woman just because she was upset about a situation she felt uncomfortable in? She is obviously handicapped and maybe things like electricity and feeling in control are now very important to her. Don't judge this woman because we really have no idea what her situation is like.

I agree.... If you go back and read her posts, you'll see that she started out fine, then went on a rant........ She got nasty and people responded in kind.......

Both sides did get nasty, but I think she was frustrated and felt like she was being ganged-up on. Then the personal nasty remarks started. Seriously, does this not remind you of your classroom? Reminds me of my kids.

I just don't see how people can justify telling others how they should view their experiences or vacations. We all come with different views and backgrounds. What is no big deal to someone may cause panic and discomfort in another. Why is that wrong? Why belittle this woman just because she was upset about a situation she felt uncomfortable in? She is obviously handicapped and maybe things like electricity and feeling in control are now very important to her. Don't judge this woman because we really have no idea what her situation is like.

If you look at my original response to her, it was just a stunned "wow"... Then later, she started attacking those that posted BEFORE her, getting upset that they said it was a "mountain out of a mole hill." They weren't even responding to her, but to my original post........

She just lost it after that and people responded. She is not a very happy person... I feel bad for that.. but, you shouldnt go on the attack then get upset when people attack back.... That's probably why she decided to delete her messages.....

Did you read all of her posts?? I was compassionate at first, but then she started screaming at people that were not "attacking her"... Seriously, nobody was belittling her problem, she seemed to go a bit nuts, and then people made some comments. Things were blown out of proportion in about the 4th post, where they were "standing in the dining room in the dark for hours"... when we know emergency lighting was on within seconds. I'm all for giving an account of the details... but you sort of lose credibility somewhere along the line when you stretch the truth beyond anything believable. I would not judge her... I would say that next time, perhaps someone in her party can either carry her to the restroom, or they can call the pursers desk and they WILL arrange for her to be assisted, rather than waiting for several hours. Sometimes, handicapped or not, we have to ASK for help, not wait for it to happen.

Did you read all of her posts?? I was compassionate at first, but then she started screaming at people that were not "attacking her"... Seriously, nobody was belittling her problem, she seemed to go a bit nuts, and then people made some comments. Things were blown out of proportion in about the 4th post, where they were "standing in the dining room in the dark for hours"... when we know emergency lighting was on within seconds. I'm all for giving an account of the details... but you sort of lose credibility somewhere along the line when you stretch the truth beyond anything believable. I would not judge her... I would say that next time, perhaps someone in her party can either carry her to the restroom, or they can call the pursers desk and they WILL arrange for her to be assisted, rather than waiting for several hours. Sometimes, handicapped or not, we have to ASK for help, not wait for it to happen.

well said

I read all the posts. And I never once said she was rational in her posts. Maybe she is an emotional person. Who knows? I don't. My problem is with the "thankgoodness you are not my aunt" and the "don't run over people's toes with your wheelchair" and the "hehe I saw someone in a wheelchair that had to use the bathroom" comments. Why is that called for??? Whether her comments were valid or exaggerated does not justify any of it. Maybe she was emotional and getting worked up - so was everyone else.

Can anyone tell me how I can remove certain controversial posts, and responses about taking a tuna sandwich off the ship in a port, and taking it to the beach in a baggie?

I read all the posts. And I never once said she was rational in her posts. Maybe she is an emotional person. Who knows? I don't. My problem is with the "thankgoodness you are not my aunt" and the "don't run over people's toes with your wheelchair" and the "hehe I saw someone in a wheelchair that had to use the bathroom" comments. Why is that called for??? Whether her comments were valid or exaggerated does not justify any of it. Maybe she was emotional and getting worked up - so was everyone else.

Those would be my comments.......

Perhaps she annoyed the hel_ out of me with her tirades and rants.... I didnt start out responding to her that way..... If she stuck to the facts instead of blaming the captain for incontinency, I wouldnt have responded in that manner.

Perhaps she annoyed the hel_ out of me with her tirades and rants.... I didnt start out responding to her that way..... If she stuck to the facts instead of blaming the captain for incontinency, I wouldnt have responded in that manner.

What is your excuse for continuing to respond in that manner?

Can anyone tell me how I can remove certain controversial posts, and responses about taking a tuna sandwich off the ship in a port, and taking it to the beach in a baggie?

LOL, you can email Randy and he can help you. I wouldn't worry, she came in and tanked up your thread... you got a little defensive, she got alot crazy... it happens :D

Why blame her for your rude comments? It is not up to you to defend the captain or the cruise line. I believe they have some PR people for that job.

Why blame her for your rude comments? It is not up to you to defend the captain or the cruise line. I believe they have some PR people for that job.

You're right. I'm wrong. I'll leave the tuna on the ship.

<Why does it seem all my threads end the same way?>

I understand you are frustrated with the turn the thread took. However, you cannot force posters on this board to post the way you see fit. All you can really do is control your own comments. If others cross the line and you find it that objectionable, hit the button and report it. I have done it myself (only a time or two, when I have seen racist remarks made because that's what really pushes my button). Arguing the point over and over may or may not work with a single individual, but people are gonna say what they want on this board and we really have to leave it up to the moderators to decide when a line has been crossed. Just mho.

I understand you are frustrated with the turn the thread took. However, you cannot force posters on this board to post the way you see fit. All you can really do is control your own comments. If others cross the line and you find it that objectionable, hit the button and report it. I have done it myself (only a time or two, when I have seen racist remarks made because that's what really pushes my button). Arguing the point over and over may or may not work with a single individual, but people are gonna say what they want on this board and we really have to leave it up to the moderators to decide when a line has been crossed. Just mho.

I don't want to force posters to post on this board as I see fit or else all we would talk about is the Miracle and my chances of meeting Vin Diesel on the Miracle. Someone mentioned that she was scared away and my comment was "Can you blame her" and it went from there and this thread took yet another turn!

I just personally get offended when people comment on handicapped people in a negative way because a lot of the students I work with everyday are in wheelchairs. I see how it affects them when comments are made about them and their situation. No, I am not going to become a caped crusader defending people in wheelchairs in a single bound. Just stating my frustration! :(

You're right. I'm wrong. I'll leave the tuna on the ship.

<Why does it seem all my threads end the same way?>

:) I understand your frustration too. At first you were posting what happened on your cruise and people starting accusing you of complaining. When obviously you were not. I thought your first post about the whole situation was objective and it's too bad people got so carried away.

Oh, and tuna gives you bad breath and makes you gasy - I suggest you skip it all together! :p

Archived