"Free Excursion"

Has anyone had the free excursion they signed up for been charged for it over a month later?  I was waitlisted for an excursion in Portugal that was "free".  The waitlist was cleared and we were charged $199 each.  Now on the excursions pdf is shows a charge.  Anyone?  Thanks!

If you have the email receipt when it cleared and it showed as free, then you or your TA ought to be able to get the charge reversed.

We have seen excursions which had been free become Regent Choice, but from year to year, not mid-cruise.

• Thanks 1

Last year, there was a minor port change in Australia, that affected the excursions.  So my free excursion to the zoo, which was further away before the port change, became a chargeable one and it was closer to the new port.  Go figure,  we just dealt with it.   

• Thanks 1

On 8/7/2024 at 7:01 PM, Dolebludger said:

Never heard of a problem like this before, with Regent. I wouldn’t “deal with it” absent pre-information about the charge and the chance to back out. 

I had reserved(not Regent related)  a chance to hold a Koloa bear at the zoo and didn’t want to miss that,  so I needed to jump on the new excursion(no longer free) as soon as it was available.  I wasn’t the only person that had this issue/experience,  where is that Belize guy?

So Regent does make some changes that are head scratchers! It all worked out,  but it was odd.  

• Thanks 1

Well, Regent is not standing by their original pricing which was free.  Kind of disappointing especially since this is our first Regent cruise.  Hoping everything is better from here on out.