YTD - Hub app and table for two?

Hello All, 

Hubby and I really dislike sharing tables at dinner, we just feel uncomfortable making small talk. We have not cruised in 6 years and used to be when you had YTD you could go the dining room and request a table for two no issue. I read that now we need to use the app for YTD, can we still request a table for 2 on the app or is there another way to do it?

Thank you. 

On the app you can state whether you'd like to be seated alone or with others.

The tables are mere inches apart (barely enough for an adult to squeeze through) so it really doesn't make a difference though.

Do note that when checking in to breakfast or brunch in the app you'll usually be seated at a group table on most ships. You may be able to ask the host for a private table if you prefer.

Posted (edited)

The only time I've checked in for a table for 2 and was sat at a group table with others was during sea day brunch.

For dinner it's always been a private table (non-shared) and I never had to select seating alone.

Edited by bg2310

Like the others have said, yes the tables are close together but in my experience the fact you are at a separate table seems to make people not feel obligated to make small talk with you if you don't seem open to doing so. Seaday brunch you will most likely be at a table with others but you can always try requesting a solo table.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, mz-s said:

On the app you can state whether you'd like to be seated alone or with others.

The tables are mere inches apart (barely enough for an adult to squeeze through) so it really doesn't make a difference though.

This is not necessarily the case at every table for two.

DH and I always request a table for two and not infrequently get seated at a booth. 

Edited by staceyglow
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, staceyglow said:

This is not necessarily the case at every table for two.

DH and I always request a table for two and not infrequently get seated at a booth. 

That’s great! I can count on two fingers the number of times I’ve been seated at a booth - counting all my MDR seatings - teas, breakfast, brunch, dinner. It’s not a big enough deal for us to ask the host. We’re fine wherever. 

Edited by mz-s