Always Available Menu

Jellifer

Hello!

Eagerly awaiting my first Cunard cruise next week on QV.

I’ve been researching menus and some of them seem a bit … fancy! I know other lines offer always available items but I’ve not seen any on recent Brittania menus. Are they still a thing?

Thanks so much

20 minutes ago, Jellifer said:

Hello!

Eagerly awaiting my first Cunard cruise next week on QV.

I’ve been researching menus and some of them seem a bit … fancy! I know other lines offer always available items but I’ve not seen any on recent Brittania menus. Are they still a thing?

Thanks so much

Just ask. Chicken, salmon, etc are available. Or ask for a menu dish without the sauce if that is what you would like.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The waiters call it the A la carte menu. It's not advertised anywhere. If theres nothing on the daily menu that appeals just ask the waiter what options are on the a la carte menu.

Edited by Jim_P
  • Like 1

The dishes on the always available menu for Britannia include tomato soup, prawn cocktail, Caesar salad, salmon, chicken breast, steak, spaghetti bolognese. They will also offer whatever is going in the Lido, and allergy related menu items.

Perhaps look more at the food photos rather than the menus, it's not always quite as fancy as the title. So one favourite is Paillard of Beef Steak Diane, this comes up every couple of weeks, which isn't actually that fancy if you ask for the sauce on the side, it's just a thin slice of beef.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pushpit said:

The dishes on the always available menu for Britannia include tomato soup, prawn cocktail, Caesar salad, salmon, chicken breast, steak, spaghetti bolognese. They will also offer whatever is going in the Lido, and allergy related menu items.

Perhaps look more at the food photos rather than the menus, it's not always quite as fancy as the title. So one favourite is Paillard of Beef Steak Diane, this comes up every couple of weeks, which isn't actually that fancy if you ask for the sauce on the side, it's just a thin slice of beef.

This is just what I was looking for!

Thanks to all for the help 

• Like 1