NCL Joy at Quebec City

Thinking of booking the Joy from NYC to Quebec City Sep 2-10. Does anyone know which dock in Quebec City NCL usually uses? The Port of Quebec website shows N/A for this cruise at the moment. Also is there luggage storage near the cruise terminal or Old Quebec?

Posted (edited)

Generally they use Quai 21/22 (Pier 21/22).  I've seen a youtube video from October 2023 that shows the Joy in Quebec city and it is clearly at Quai 22 in the video. If it is the day of the cruise usually you can drop your luggage at the ship and then explore.  As the ship is in the heart of Old Quebec, this seems handy.

This view from google maps shows the same area (with a different smaller cruise ship).   https://maps.app.goo.gl/2nuQgqRPTK9Q1jg87
image.thumb.png.89b3686776e94d76824e9e4a7d86957d.png

Edited by KDebreuil
Added Gmaps image
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, KDebreuil said:

Generally they use Quai 21/22 (Pier 21/22).  I've seen a youtube video from October 2023 that shows the Joy in Quebec city and it is clearly at Quai 22 in the video. If it is the day of the cruise usually you can drop your luggage at the ship and then explore.  As the ship is in the heart of Old Quebec, this seems handy.

This view from google maps shows the same area (with a different smaller cruise ship).   https://maps.app.goo.gl/2nuQgqRPTK9Q1jg87
image.thumb.png.89b3686776e94d76824e9e4a7d86957d.png

Thanks. We will be disembarking at Quebec City so can't leave our luggage at the ship. Is there anywhere else we can store our luggage for a few hours while we walk around before our flight?

Are you flying out from Quebec city directly?  I am planning a cruise that will be ending in Quebec city, but I will be flying home from Montreal. This is handy for me as I will take my luggage to the Via rail station in Quebec and leave it there until I take my train to Montreal.

I see that the port of Quebec website says they have baggage storage right there.  https://www.portquebec.ca/en/cruises/information-for-cruise-ship-passengers/customer-service

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, decrepit old man said:

Thinking of booking the Joy from NYC to Quebec City Sep 2-10. Does anyone know which dock in Quebec City NCL usually uses? The Port of Quebec website shows N/A for this cruise at the moment. Also is there luggage storage near the cruise terminal or Old Quebec?

We have been to Quebec several times with NCL.  Usually they dock in town near the Château Frontenac, but once we were around the bend at the industrial pier.  I don’t know if they have confirmed yet where your ship will dock.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, KDebreuil said:

Are you flying out from Quebec city directly?  I am planning a cruise that will be ending in Quebec city, but I will be flying home from Montreal. This is handy for me as I will take my luggage to the Via rail station in Quebec and leave it there until I take my train to Montreal.

I see that the port of Quebec website says they have baggage storage right there.  https://www.portquebec.ca/en/cruises/information-for-cruise-ship-passengers/customer-service

Thanks for the link. Yes I will be flying directly from Quebec City airport

Posted (edited)

Another question, how does customs and/or immigration work for this one way cruise from NYC to Quebec City? 

The stops are:

NYC

Boston

Portland

Sydney

Charlottetown

Saguenay

Quebec City 

I assume something has to be done between Portland and Sydney. Do we have to line up to speak with a CBSA officer? I'm a Canadian citizen btw

Edited by decrepit old man

Posted (edited)

Last time we were in Quebec City we used pier 30, and there is nothing there. Based on the other three ships in port that day if I had to guess, since it is not yet on the web site, I’d say you will be at 30.  

Edited by zqvol
  • Thanks 1

On 8/9/2024 at 3:38 PM, decrepit old man said:

Another question, how does customs and/or immigration work for this one way cruise from NYC to Quebec City? 

The stops are:

NYC

Boston

Portland

Sydney

Charlottetown

Saguenay

Quebec City 

I assume something has to be done between Portland and Sydney. Do we have to line up to speak with a CBSA officer? I'm a Canadian citizen btw

Hello!

I sailed on the Joy last September from NYC to Quebec City.  If the procedure hasn’t changed, you might expect what I describe below.

The ship will provide Canadian Border Services Agency (CBSA) the passenger and crew manifest prior to your arrival to the first Canadian port (Sydney).  Also, the ship’s crew will provide you a CBSA form E311 Declaration Card for you to fill out and return to them before you arrive to Sydney.

If passengers or crew require additional immigration inspection or processing prior to disembarking, it will likely happen in Sydney.  Once in Québec City, we should be able to disembark without having to go through additional processing

I hope you have a fantastic cruise!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MoulinVert said:

Hello!

I sailed on the Joy last September from NYC to Quebec City.  If the procedure hasn’t changed, you might expect what I describe below.

The ship will provide Canadian Border Services Agency (CBSA) the passenger and crew manifest prior to your arrival to the first Canadian port (Sydney).  Also, the ship’s crew will provide you a CBSA form E311 Declaration Card for you to fill out and return to them before you arrive to Sydney.

If passengers or crew require additional immigration inspection or processing prior to disembarking, it will likely happen in Sydney.  Once in Québec City, we should be able to disembark without having to go through additional processing

I hope you have a fantastic cruise!

Thanks!!

Posted (edited)
On 8/9/2024 at 1:46 PM, decrepit old man said:

Thinking of booking the Joy from NYC to Quebec City Sep 2-10. Does anyone know which dock in Quebec City NCL usually uses? The Port of Quebec website shows N/A for this cruise at the moment.

Keep checking the port web site, Sept. 10 should show up pretty soon.

In any event, last time were in QC we were told that priority for the close-in docks is given to ships doing turnarounds (not a mere port call nor an overnight), as that is where the facilities are for handling luggage and check-ins.  I don't know what happens if there are more ships there that day than the number of those docks.

Good luck, enjoy your cruise!

Edited by Turtles06
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Keep checking the port web site, Sept. 10 should show up pretty soon.

In any event, last time were in QC we were told that priority for the close-in docks is given to ships doing turnarounds (not a mere port call nor an overnight), as that is where the facilities are for handling luggage and check-ins.  I don't know what happens if there are more ships there that day than the number of those docks.

Good luck, enjoy your cruise!

Thank you 😊