FLL airport question

prc

I know this is a hotel forum, but once you go through security at FLL in say, terminal #1, do they have a means for you to travel to the other terminals without having to leave the secure zone? Most shops & eateries seem to be behind the security fence.

That's what it looked like. Oh well, guess we'll just grab a snack at terminal 1 (Continental).

My home airport (IAH) has terminals C,D, & E all physically connected, and has a secure tramway over to A & B. That's what I guess I was hoping for.

I know this is a hotel forum, but once you go through security at FLL in say, terminal #1, do they have a means for you to travel to the other terminals without having to leave the secure zone? Most shops & eateries seem to be behind the security fence.

Sorry prc, each terminal has it's own security checkpoint. They are not interconnected.

One good point about Terminal 1. As it is the original and only terminal once along time ago, there are some stores and places to eat before you go thru security too. That helps if you get there really early or have someone with you that isn't going on the flights themselves.

Pooh

Is there anyplace to get a sit down breakfast in Terminal 1 or is it all just fast food kiosks?

We're considering doing self-assist to be safe for an 11:45 flight, but aren't really sure what we'd do with ourselves for the resulting 2 or 3 hour wait at the airport.

Thoughts?

Is there anyplace to get a sit down breakfast in Terminal 1 or is it all just fast food kiosks?

We're considering doing self-assist to be safe for an 11:45 flight, but aren't really sure what we'd do with ourselves for the resulting 2 or 3 hour wait at the airport.

Thoughts?

Here's a listing of concessions in each FLL terminal. It shows whats available pre-security and beyond security. ;)

http://www.broward.org/airport/airport_restaurants.htm

Thanks for the link. I looked at that earlier, and forgot that I had another question about it...once past security at terminal 1, can you move freely between concourse A & B ?

Oops, I goofed, sorry. Getting older is so hard!!

Terminal 3 is the original terminal. Terminal 1 is one of the newer ones. There is a small kiosk for food and one for magazines, books, candy, etc. but that is all before you go through security.

As far as the two sections, you cannot get between them once through security.

The information I posted above is correct, but it is for Terminal 3, not 1. In fact, will be using Terminal 1 on this coming Tuesday for a Frontier flight to Colorado!!

Pooh

Here's a listing of concessions in each FLL terminal. It shows whats available pre-security and beyond security. ;)

http://www.broward.org/airport/airport_restaurants.htm

Thank you for the link but I already reviewed that information long ago. The problem I have is that it doesn't really tell me anything since I'm unfamiliar with the establishments :(.

Can anyone shed any light on my original question?

I've been thru Term 1 many times, but never to eat. However, I know there is a Cheeburger Cheeburger there, and adjacent to the bar area are lots of tables. I'm sure Jake's Coffee would have bagels and sweets, and a cinnamon roll from TJ Cinnamons will fill you up pretty good.

Thank you for the link but I already reviewed that information long ago. The problem I have is that it doesn't really tell me anything since I'm unfamiliar with the establishments :(.

Can anyone shed any light on my original question?

Here's a descriptive of the food concessions, sometimes the store name can be confusing as to what they offer. They are all pretty much fast food kiosks, most with tables and chairs. Hope this helps. :rolleyes:

Terminal One

Pre Security - Open to general public

Snack kiosk - Soda, chips, candy, packaged snacks

Concourse B - Open to passengers only

Cheeburger, Cheeburger - A hamburger franchise - no breakfast http://www.cheeburger.com/

Cruzan Isle Bar - Cocktail lounge - Bloody Marys and Mimosas

Jakes Coffee - Coffee and pastries - hmmm, sounds like breakfast

Pizzeria Uno - Pizza, pasta, salads - no breakfast http://www.unos.com/

TJ Cinnamons - Classic bakery serving breakfast, snack and dessert http://www.tjcinnamons.com/

Concourse C - Open to passengers only

Jakes Coffee - Coffee and pastries

Spinaci's Italian - Popular italian dishes, not much for breakfast though

TJ Cinnamons - think Cinnabon

Chilis Too Bar and Grill - Cocktail lounge, great ribs, not really breakfast

http://www.chilis.com/

Thanks signman and Bequia! I really appreciate the education! Looks like we're out of luck I guess.

I guess we'll just have to resign ourselves to some extensive "sitting around doing nothing time" if we do self-assist (you can only drag a cinnamon bun out so long). Then again, they do have mimosas at the Cruzan Isle Bar...hmmm...

Thanks again - you guys have been very helpful in clearing up my options.

Archived