BArcelona Hotel

Looking for a hotel recommendations  pre and post cruise. We have a day before and day after the cruise.. Would like it to be easy to get to port and airport and easily tour the city. Also any tips on what to see.

Thanks

We stayed at the Catalonia Square this past spring. The hotel was nice, located near many things, and not too far from the port. We used a car service to book our trip to the airport when we left (it was at the end of our cruise). It was taxi minivan that picked us up, but still was good that we booked it in advance. We left early on a Sunday morning, our driver said there aren't always a lot of taxis right outside the hotels at that time.

https://www.cataloniahotels.com/en/hotel/catalonia-square

But, the hotel was in a good location, easy to walk to many things. I have some info in my review (in my signature). Unfortunately, we didn't totally get to take advantage of that location because I got sick. But I did book it because we planned to walk back to La Sagradia Familia at night. We also walked to the Picasso museum that morning. There's a lot to do and see for sure! I wish we'd had more time there.

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, dgm9610 said:

Would like it to be easy to get to port and airport and easily tour the city

Any hotel on or close to Plaza Catalunya would  give you easy access to the airport buses, metro, HOHOS, public buses and taxis, and within a few minutes walk of the Gothic Quarter  and la Rambla both which you would explore on foot. Hotels in that location are a favourite with cruise passengers as they make sightseeing easy..

As for sightseeing suggestions, you need to do your own research/homework  to help you decide which sights/attractions are of interest to you, not to others, and which might best fit your very short time there as you only have 2 days max and in Barcelona that will pass in a blink..

if you have an interest in la Sagrada Familia, or anything else Gaudi related, and these are important to you, you might want to focus on these. OTOH should you have no interest in anything Gaudi you can focus on other sights which interest you personally.

There are so so many past threads about Barcelona, plus all the other websites found online which can give you ideas, plus guidebooks, YouTube etc to help you decide.

This current thread might be helpful to read.as the OP is also short on time.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/3022387-barcelona-disembark-day-tours/#comment-67753636

And here is another "sticky/pinned" thread from the top of the Spain and portugal Board, another FAQ like the "sticky" given you in post #3

And here are past threads containing the word Barcelona, as I assume from your question that you have not yourself aleady  searched for them? Choose which to read from these

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/search/?q=barcelona&quick=1&type=forums_topic&nodes=465

Or narrow the search by using words which would act as a filter, eg la Sagrada Familia or Gothic Quarter or whatever.

And here is another "sticky/pinned" thread,  the same idea as the one in post #3. from the very top of the Spain and Portugal Board."Stickies/pinned" threads are there for FAQs and for reference so do not move up or down the pages but stay at the top of the boards and always worth checking for any.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2976917-transport-in-barcelona-taxi-metro-bus-etc-to-the-city-port-and-airport-all-information-and-questions/page/5/#comment-67730280

Enjoy Barcelona, a wonderful city to explore.😀

Edited by edinburgher

• 4 weeks later...

We stayed at the Renaissance Barcelona and were pleased with quality and it was in a nice area where we were comfortable walking to restaurants and walking to the metro.  It was about 27 euro for BOLT to the port from the hotel and about 24 euro for BOLT from the airport to the hotel.