Back On Carnival After A Few Years and Have Questions

Haven't been able to find out answers to a couple of questions.  First is - How or where can we see the on board credit that we will have for a cruise? We've applied for the Stock Credit and would like to know that it as well as any  TA OBC has been posted to our booking before we board the Carnival Dream.

2nd - I was going to look over the On Line Check In section to see what was required but it doesn't show.  It this because you can only access this section 14 days before your cruise date?   Everything seems so complicated?🤔  Thanks In Advance

Online check will become available once you are two weeks out. It is pretty straightforward. How are arriving at the port?  Emergency contact information. Passport or birth certificate? If passport, you enter the number, issuance and expiration dates. Set up an onboard account. If you want to enter your credit card info, you can or elect to deposit cash onboard. Accept the cruise contract. Accept or reject Facial recognition.  Select an arrival time of the ones still available. It takes about 10 minutes if you have all of your information handy.  

Some people go straight to the arrival times.  You can save your progress along the way and come back later to complete.  

1 hour ago, coo359a2 said:

Haven't been able to find out answers to a couple of questions.  First is - How or where can we see the on board credit that we will have for a cruise? We've applied for the Stock Credit and would like to know that it as well as any  TA OBC has been posted to our booking before we board the Carnival Dream.

2nd - I was going to look over the On Line Check In section to see what was required but it doesn't show.  It this because you can only access this section 14 days before your cruise date?   Everything seems so complicated?🤔  Thanks In Advance

To see your OBC, click on Booking & Order Details, then scroll down and click on View Invoice Details. You should see your OBC near the bottom - mine looks like this for one of our cruises:

image.thumb.png.6998c8159dada9f71c25f576ab22153a.png

• Thanks 3

I know you had specific questions, but the title of this thread made me think of a similar one:

Though someone did rightly point out that it might be better to not know, so you don't go in with a negative idea.

1 hour ago, five. said:

I know you had specific questions, but the title of this thread made me think of a similar one:

Though someone did rightly point out that it might be better to not know, so you don't go in with a negative idea.

No expectations either positive or negative.  We always enjoy a cruise no matter the ship or itinerary.  Just not familiar with how to find different items on our Carnival booking.  

15 hours ago, lazydayz said:

Online check will become available once you are two weeks out. It is pretty straightforward. How are arriving at the port?  Emergency contact information. Passport or birth certificate? If passport, you enter the number, issuance and expiration dates. Set up an onboard account. If you want to enter your credit card info, you can or elect to deposit cash onboard. Accept the cruise contract. Accept or reject Facial recognition.  Select an arrival time of the ones still available. It takes about 10 minutes if you have all of your information handy.  

Some people go straight to the arrival times.  You can save your progress along the way and come back later to complete.  

If one is Platinum, is timing of check-in important, Do you still have to select an arrival time?  My understanding is we could arrive whenever we want. 

2 hours ago, mfs2k said:

If one is Platinum, is timing of check-in important, Do you still have to select an arrival time?  My understanding is we could arrive whenever we want. 

My last e-mail from Carnival said that Platinum and Diamonds can show up at their appointment window or later.  In these two instances, you would be directed to the Priority Line.  This is a change, but I don't know if Carnival will start enforcing the rule for the Platinum and Diamonds that show up early.  Honestly, I don't think they will.