Upgrade Emails

Mutzi S.

54 minutes ago, les37b said:

I’m starting to think I’m better off cancelling the bid and keeping the money.

I have no experience with MSC but on another cruise line, the bid get accepted by that does not mean you got the move up.  The first indication that the move up bid was successful is when the charge showed up on the credit card.  You might check that because if you card has not been charged, then you have not been moved up. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

I have no experience with MSC but on another cruise line, the bid get accepted by that does not mean you got the move up.  The first indication that the move up bid was successful is when the charge showed up on the credit card.  You might check that because if you card has not been charged, then you have not been moved up. 

The bid was accepted at the start of August. I appreciate and understand fully what a bid is what what it represents. The T&Cs clearly say the response from the bid team might not take place until 2 days prior to saying. I had thought during the numerous posts that the rep I spoke with confirmed my bid had been accepted and that his call was listened to and confirmed as factually correct - but he was wrong to do so. In short he told me 2 fibs. One was that had had called the bid team. Its impossible for him to do that and has been confirmed by other reps. Then following on, he not only didn't speak to them - telling me my upgrade was accepted and no longer pending was also not true.

I've been waiting for a response to these numerous calls to hear if the bid team will act on the misinformation and get the bid fast tracked (as I had bid the max).

I finally got that call 30 mins ago - and it went along the lines. "We are sorry we gave you that information. The guy will be disciplined. (Certainly not my intention.) The bid team, despite having been made aware of the facts of everything that's happened - including ignoring my email sent 2 weeks ago, have said - look the T&Cs say 48 hours - you'll have to wait." 

So a complete waste of time and no addressing of what had just happened.

And now it gets worse.

Straight after I spoke, I had an email from MSC. I had thought with luck, it was a change of heart and upgrade now confirmed. Alas, it wasn't. It was an email to tell me my bid has been amended. No change has been made to it (ie cost was still max)  - but by virtue of the fact an amended has been registered, my place in the queue will have gone back from 7 August to 6 September! 

So yet another call to MSC to ask an explanation of what they are playing at.

This experience has left me with no doubt this will be my last MSC booking, unless of course the upgrade happens, which I am truly doubtful.

Edited by les37b

• 2 weeks later...

25 days to go and thankfully have received my "congratulations" email. We've been lucky enough to receive a upgrade beyond what we had bid and been allocated a Deluxe YC balcony suite. Happy days. Looking at current prices, its a huge saving from what we had paid in the original booking for our balcony with premium drinks.