Outdoor dining on Viva

Our dining window for January opens in 22 days and I'm in planning mode!

If you've been on the Viva or her sister ship, please share your thoughts on which restaurants have great outdoor dining.  This is a Southern Caribbean (ABC islands) cruise and we have 4 nights of speciality dining (2 with FAS and 2 with Platinum/Sapphire status), so I think the outdoor dining could be amazing on this itinerary, at least some of the nights!

On 8/14/2024 at 4:01 AM, nhtravels said:

Our dining window for January opens in 22 days and I'm in planning mode!

If you've been on the Viva or her sister ship, please share your thoughts on which restaurants have great outdoor dining.  This is a Southern Caribbean (ABC islands) cruise and we have 4 nights of speciality dining (2 with FAS and 2 with Platinum/Sapphire status), so I think the outdoor dining could be amazing on this itinerary, at least some of the nights!

Hi

We were on the Viva transatlantic from Lisbon to Miami last year, it was a southernly route so we had lots of hot days for the second half of the trip.  The Viva is great for outdoors dining, the Local and Indulge both had outdoor areas, mostly covered. 

We didn't eat there, but the Mexican restaurant had a lovely outdoor dining area, really pretty with the pink booths.  Onda also had outdoors dining.  I think those were the only two of the specialty restaurants.  We loved the whole of deck 8, lovely seating areas, we saw some fantastic sunsets from the aft.  It's perfect for a warm weather cruise. 🙂 We booked the transatlantic back from San Juan to Lisbon for next year. 😄 

If you need any other information, let me know.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JimDee363636 said:

@BeeBerry

This is encouraging! We just booked a somewhat longer transatlantic on the Viva for late November of 2025 (Lisbon to Galveston, Texas), and outdoor dining would be a nice treat for the later stages of that cruise.

Jim

Ooo great itinerary!  Ours was mid November last year so the weather should be similar.  It started getting significantly warmer 1-2 days after we left the Azores, so most of your trip should be great weather wise, to enjoy deck 8.  We loved the Viva, really looking forward to our next cruise on her in April.  

• Like 2