Just booked... when do I reserve dining?

kad56

1 hour ago, Travel-and-See said:

The Wake is the most popular followed by Extra Virgin and Pink Agave.  The others are pretty easy to get reservations for up to the day of in my experience. 

Totally agree with this.  However, we have still, almost always been able to get "wait list" reservations at THe  Wake.  Waitlist means that when someone doesn't show up within 15 minutes of their scheduled time, the restaurant will send a notification thru the app to the next person on the list that your table will be held for 15 minutes.  You don't stand there and do nothing while waiting; you can go about your business.  When you get the notification, you respond that you are on the way or that you are no longer interested.  All I can say is that it worked for us multiple times.

Walk ups are usually available at the less popular locations.  You show up and ask if you can be seated,  THey check the computer and tell you if and possibly when, although we've usually been seated within 10 minutes.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, cantgetin said:

However, we have still, almost always been able to get "wait list" reservations at THe  Wake.  Waitlist means that when someone doesn't show up within 15 minutes of their scheduled time, the restaurant will send a notification thru the app to the next person on the list that your table will be held for 15 minutes.  You don't stand there and do nothing while waiting; you can go about your business.  When you get the notification, you respond that you are on the way or that you are no longer interested.  All I can say is that it worked for us multiple times.

That's what I did for Brunch at the Wake and it was exactly as you described and yes I got in.  I didn't realize they did this for Dinner as well, the times I've tried or overhead walk-ups (not at the wake but at others) it was either yes we have walk-up or no we are completely booked.

If I don't get a reservation for the wake next time I'll give this a try! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Travel-and-See said:

That's what I did for Brunch at the Wake and it was exactly as you described and yes I got in.  I didn't realize they did this for Dinner as well, the times I've tried or overhead walk-ups (not at the wake but at others) it was either yes we have walk-up or no we are completely booked.

If I don't get a reservation for the wake next time I'll give this a try! 

2 hours ago, Travel-and-See said:

We didn't experience wait lists until our April cruise.  It was a nice addition.  The guy at the podium would take our name and stateroom and text if they had a no show.  And it was a nice "in addition" to walk ups, not a replacement for them

• Like 2