Does the app allow texting while on ship.

There is a messaging option you can buy. I think it's around $10 but I haven't tried it so I don't know how well it works. I think it's just for messaging other people who has that option. It has been possible to iMessage iPhone to iPhone without paying anything before. 

• Like 1

iPhones are able to use iMessage with the free ship wifi without using your minutes.  Our family all have iPhones and we were able to text each other on the ship as well as others who weren't.  Just make sure you logout so you aren't using up your minutes.

• Like 1

My husband and I were in different cabins and both have android phones. This might be some kind of loophole glitch, but on the Prima, I was able to message him using Google Voice Text and without using my Free at Sea minutes. 

When you get on board, log into the internet for one minute, make sure you log out. Sometimes, the NCL app internet logout is glitchy too. 

After you're positive you're logged out, try to use Google Voice or Whatsapp to message the other person and see if it works.

Unlimited internet will drop in price each day, and your unused Free at Sea minutes will become a credit/discount.

I never tried it, but there might be a way to leave someone in another cabin a voicemail message using the actual cabin phone.

5 hours ago, Ellis1138 said:

I never tried it, but there might be a way to leave someone in another cabin a voicemail message using the actual cabin phone.

There is - call their cabin from any wired phone on the ship (or, I believe, using the app from any device that you paid for the in-app messaging) and when they don't answer it will give an option to leave a message.

• Like 1