MSC World Europa Deluxe Balcony Cabin Partial View

Brick1

Hi all,

We are looking at booking a cruise on MSC World Europa. One of the cabins available is a deck 15 or 16 Deluxe Balcony Cabin Partial View. I can't find any photos of the view from the balcony from these cabins or what the obstruction is that means they are partial view. It is obviously not going to be lifeboats that high up.

Does anyone have any info on these cabins please. 

MSC-World-Europa-Saint-Nazaire-June-2022

If you're in this middle section, your view out is partially blocked by the support poles. You can still see "out" but it isn't perfect. Even the lower decks that aren't blocked by the support poles have a limited view forward and aft.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Note that one of the jutting out sections is part of La Brassiere dining room. We were sat there for dinner last night and it was a wonderful location, especially at sunset. 

IMG_6927.thumb.jpeg.b3ca9650d246a00714cb18114c3a85a1.jpeg

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, P2l said:

Note that one of the jutting out sections is part of La Brassiere dining room. We were sat there for dinner last night and it was a wonderful location, especially at sunset. 

IMG_6927.thumb.jpeg.b3ca9650d246a00714cb18114c3a85a1.jpeg

Looks lovely.

How are you finding the ship? I have read reviews it can feel really crowded, have you found that? I assume this time of year it is at capacity. 

Certain places get busy, but there always seem to be quiet spots. We’re not social people so we try to avoid crowds. There is always one’s balcony (where I am right now). Plan to hit the water park later this morning, we’ll see how busy that is. 

IMG_2595.thumb.jpeg.8d9c55d4fb09cdefa1600cf96b9e6fe8.jpeg

• Like 1

Expect to queue a little while for waterslides, especially the blue one that uses inflatable rings. The pink one is certainly different!

Kids were able to walk straight up to pick up pizza & fries for lunch near main pool. Adults opted for YC grill. 

• Thanks 1

So this set me on a quest to find some of the deck areas under the overhang. The first picture is from the aquarium in Genoa.

IMG_2699.thumb.jpeg.1c9827d2d829fb0ed52fb25f75c5486b.jpeg

The seating areas belong to the Fizz bar and (I think) Raj Polo. The lifeboat deck has a reasonable length promenade. The aft end is the crew smoking area, and the promenade seems mostly used by off duty crew. We got a glimpse through an open door into the fo’c’sle cable area. 

IMG_2812.thumb.jpeg.5c6b7917143668ec171d75c70d5e1d68.jpegIMG_2793.thumb.jpeg.809444bf30b8a0233ee7e283d108eb83.jpegIMG_2795.thumb.jpeg.b8522d43fb5187d2cbcce4040c445327.jpeg

• Thanks 1

@P2l Thank you for the info and putting up the pictures. We have decided to book a deluxe balcony cabin on deck 11rather than risk a partial view one. Thank you for all your help. Enjoy the rest of your cruise. 

• Like 1

On 8/17/2024 at 1:46 PM, P2l said:

Expect to queue a little while for waterslides, especially the blue one that uses inflatable rings. The pink one is certainly different!

Kids were able to walk straight up to pick up pizza & fries for lunch near main pool. Adults opted for YC grill. 

What is the YC grill like, do you have to order off a menu? We have mainly been used  to  YC on Seaview.

Yes it’s a menu. If you really feel the urge to go to a buffet, you can always go to the steerage buffet. Or, alternatively, hurl yourself overboard. Out of the two options, I’d recommend the latter!

Actually, it is worth walking through the steerage buffet once, just to remind oneself why one travels in Yacht Club. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, P2l said:

Yes it’s a menu. If you really feel the urge to go to a buffet, you can always go to the steerage buffet. Or, alternatively, hurl yourself overboard. Out of the two options, I’d recommend the latter!

Actually, it is worth walking through the steerage buffet once, just to remind oneself why one travels in Yacht Club. 

Are you still on board? I share your view. This will be our 4th YC cruise and yes I would struggle with steerage buffet and would take the overboard option! I do fancy trying a few of the different bars in steerage.

Alas today we disembarked. Though I considered stowing away in a lifeboat. 

There’s lots of bars that look very nice, and we hardly had chance to sample a fraction. Good to do on White Night, as the rest of the ship makes a big effort for that. We asked the concierge which days were which dress code, as it made dining planning easier. 

We met a couple in there who’d got them from a bartender in the Gin Project, who they’d engaged in conversation. The chap didn’t normally like gin, but the bartender took it as a challenge to find one he did like. 

As we didn’t go to many bars we might have cheated a little and asked our butler, Kevin, for a hint.

NB it’s worth doing but be aware it’s not covered by the drinks package, so quickly gets expensive.

6 minutes ago, P2l said:

We met a couple in there who’d got them from a bartender in the Gin Project, who they’d engaged in conversation. The chap didn’t normally like gin, but the bartender took it as a challenge to find one he did like. 

As we didn’t go to many bars we might have cheated a little and asked our butler, Kevin, for a hint.

NB it’s worth doing but be aware it’s not covered by the drinks package, so quickly gets expensive.

Yes I understood the drinks were not included. Our issue is that we have a 19 year old daughter and  16 year old daughter and presume the 16 year old won’t be allowed in. 
what cabin were you in?

Correct, no under 18s. Our two under 18s were happy to stay in the cabin. Quite right too, since we had a duplex whirlpool (16003), needed to get our money’s worth!

9 minutes ago, P2l said:

Correct, no under 18s. Our two under 18s were happy to stay in the cabin. Quite right too, since we had a duplex whirlpool (16003), needed to get our money’s worth!

We are in a duplex without whirlpool. 16015

• Like 1

We’re sailing mid-November, cannot wait to try MSC for the first time 😁

We’ve booked a deluxe balcony on the 9th floor, we were initially allocated the same but higher up, but the room was at the rear of this ship and I wanted a mid-ship port side room. Fingers crossed it’s not too noisy as we are above the Chef’s garden kitchen restaurant. 

On 8/24/2024 at 5:27 AM, Damo74 said:

We’re sailing mid-November, cannot wait to try MSC for the first time 😁

We’ve booked a deluxe balcony on the 9th floor, we were initially allocated the same but higher up, but the room was at the rear of this ship and I wanted a mid-ship port side room. Fingers crossed it’s not too noisy as we are above the Chef’s garden kitchen restaurant. 

If you booked Fantastica you can change your cabin; if you booked Bella you are assigned one.  By saying "you were allocated" it sounds like the latter.