Queen Anne thermal suite

mrjohnson

I'm hoping someone can clarify this for me. If I get a 7 day thermal suite package,  do I only get a 2 hour window each day, booked in advance?

The cunard site seems to indicate this, but prior topic discussions suggest it might no longer be the case.

I wouldn't want to spend more than 2 hours a day but would like to be able 5o be flexible with my timing.

Many thanks

Posted (edited)

With the 7-day pass, you can use it as much as you want, no pre-booking needed.

I don't think you can buy the 7-day pass beforehand. You have to get it once you're on board.

Source: I got off QA a week ago, and had the 7-day pass.

Edited by Clewgarnet
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Clewgarnet said:

With the 7-day pass, you can use it as much as you want, no pre-booking needed.

I don't think you can buy the 7-day pass beforehand. You have to get it once you're on board.

Source: I got off QA a week ago, and had the 7-day pass.

And they didn't make you book a time? When I checked it out on the first day of my cruise (May), I noticed how small it was and that there are only 8 of the heated loungers and nowhere else to sit. I asked the young woman what happens when there are more than 8 people there at a time. She said they manage capacity by making people book a 2-hour time. 

I did not buy the pass, not because of the time limit but because the place was so small. And when the pool was bubbling, the room was too noisy. I didn't feel like it would be relaxing. It was disappointing because I love the thermal suites on QE and QV.

• Thanks 1

No, I just showed up whenever. They never even asked for my cabin number to ensure I'd paid!

There were about four seats, other than the heated ones, when I was there, but nowhere else to lie down.

I only once had somebody in the heated lounger directly next to me, but I was on a hot weather cruise, so I think most people were just lying by the pool and using the hot tubs there.

I agree, I was a bit disappointed by the spa. One steam room, two saunas, and a variety of showers that seemed pretty interchangeable (and, on one occasion, didn't work because the staff hadn't turned them on yet). Also, I don't know what it is about Mareel staff, compared to Cunard, but they always seem very annoyed at having their conversations interrupted and having to actually deal with passengers.

That said, those heated loungers worked miracles on my bad back. So much so that I've brought my horse's heated massage rug home from the stables to use on me!

19 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

And they didn't make you book a time? When I checked it out on the first day of my cruise (May), I noticed how small it was and that there are only 8 of the heated loungers and nowhere else to sit. I asked the young woman what happens when there are more than 8 people there at a time. She said they manage capacity by making people book a 2-hour time. 

I did not buy the pass, not because of the time limit but because the place was so small. And when the pool was bubbling, the room was too noisy. I didn't feel like it would be relaxing. It was disappointing because I love the thermal suites on QE and QV.

I am unsure of which voyage you were on in May, but I was on for the maiden where they did require you to book a time slot. However for our voyages during the summer it was turn up as and when you wish, for how long you want. Perhaps this was due to a lot of people on the earlier voyages wanting to try it, I'm unsure.

That being said we never felt the area was too small even when it was "busy", however I never counted maybe more than 5 or 6 people in there when we were. We opted to go early in the mornings, at around 8.

I was on the third cruise. There was no seating other than the heated loungers, so I guess the seats that @Clewgarnet saw were added at some point.

On every cruise where I've bought the pass (Cunard and HAL), it's been busy the first day, probably people who bought the $50 day pass deciding if they want to convert to the full pass. Once that settles down, it usually isn't too crowded. I did buy the pass on QE last month. They said I had to sign up for specific times, but after the first day they didn't check. Since the only way in is with a thermal suite key (unless someone opens the door for you), they don't check once you've traded your room key for a thermal suite key.

I thought QE's Mareel staff were okay. Not especially friendly, but I never felt ignored when I arrived to check in. The first day, the woman said I looked familiar. That's happened before. I didn't remember either woman, and I do get to know the staff. I think they use that as an opening to chat with a customer and suggest other spa options. Nope, just the thermal suite, thank you.

I love QE's spa! It's large, has natural light, and the heated loungers have their own separate quiet room. Relaxing on a heated lounger while you watch the snow-capped mountains of Alaska go by is wonderful.

IMG_20220617_134152489_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240715_124752513.jpg

IMG_20240720_135747520.jpg

• Like 2