GALVESTON PARKING

Posted (edited)

I dont think being a vet or disabled helps for one time parking at the  new terminal. I find it cheaper to park at a cheap hotel and shuttle than to park at the new terminal but I'm not disabled. Used to help at old terminal I know.

North parking lot was the closest, walking distance for able bodied easily. There are lots of private parking lots with shuttles, ezcruise has the most shuttles running. I read lighthouse was back up and running. There is a cheap option across the street, no shuttle.

Lots of options hard to choose for someone else. There is a section for gulf departures this will probably be moved to. 

Edited by firefly333

We use the port of Galveston website and prebook the north lot directly at the terminal. It’s literally steps away from the terminal and covered. Their Facebook page has $5-10 coupon codes each month. 

• Like 1

We also do what @home-mom does. Last January, we parked literally on the second row from the front door of the terminal. Could have parked on the front row but I didn't want to be by the walkways. Super-close and easy. It was also covered. You can also drop your disabled folks off and then circle back around to enter the parking lot. 

• Like 1

We also park in the new terminal parking lot. We pay ahead of time and show the QR code when we get there. You can circle around and drop off people and luggage, if needed, and then go park. It costs a bit more but so worth being able to get off the ship and be in our car in less than 10 minutes!!  No shuttles to deal with. Look at the Port of Galveston website.