Guaranteed Cabin

Bluebury

OK, this might not be the correct terminology for Virgin Voyages, but I will be slow learning a whole new language. Never been with Virgin before, just chosen a sea terrace type cabin. Have not selected a particular one so Virgin will allocate one for us at some stage. Will we be notified or can we monitor something, somewhere to see our cabin number once it has been assigned?

Thanks for your help

Assuming you have booked a lock it in guarantee rate it will show the cabin number in the in the week before the cruise.

Download the VV app now and do check in, especially the last step to get an arrival time.

My husband and I, and our friends booked a lock in sea terrace 2 weeks ago, for a sailing in the Med in just over 8 weeks. They were in the app today and have been allocated a good central location cabin. Nothing showing for us though - hope we don’t get a restricted view, or metal balcony. Not sure how they do it cause we had the earlier booking reference. 

A cabin can be assigned on a "lock it in"rate anywhere from a couple months to a couple days prior to embarkation.  On rare occasions, it can also be changed after it appears on the app.  If someone wants to pay them a high price for a particular cabin type, they will move t "lock it in" person.  There is no obvious rationale to when the cabins are assigned.

Thanks everyone, will keep changing the app. I know about obstructed view but not about metal balcony, will try to find an image of one of those. Hope that you get a good cabin Maswmaw.

On 8/21/2024 at 8:56 AM, Bluebury said:

Thanks everyone, will keep changing the app. I know about obstructed view but not about metal balcony, will try to find an image of one of those. Hope that you get a good cabin Maswmaw.

Thanks B.  Just checked the app again this morning. 59 days out from sailing. Been allocated a central terrace too, almost directly across the ship from our friends - so the views from each cabin will be different. 
just hope they don’t change us now.