Brightline One Way vs Roundtrip?

My husband and I are taking a cruise from Ft Lauderdale in November, and are planning to take Brightline from Orlando to FTL. Right now, the cost to get to FTL is relatively cheap, but the cost going from FTL to Orlando is more than double the price.

I'm thinking about booking the trip to FTL right now, and waiting until there's a November sale to book the trip back home.

Does that seem like a good idea, or is it better to wait and book roundtrip at one time?

• Like 1

If you ever plan to ride Brightline again, you can book now, and then cancel and rebook for the credit if the price decreases. You won't get a refund, but the credit amount will be there for the next trip. I'd probably book separate trips so you can cancel just the one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This video was just posted a few days ago. They booked the Orlando - Miami trip in premium @ 50% off and standard on the way home. They did finally find a discount for the return trip, but it was close to what they paid for premium. Sounds like it was a reasonable price for roundtrip though. If you haven't already done so, sign up for emails from Brightline for specials.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2024 at 9:21 AM, RedbirdFLCruiser said:

My husband and I are taking a cruise from Ft Lauderdale in November, and are planning to take Brightline from Orlando to FTL. Right now, the cost to get to FTL is relatively cheap, but the cost going from FTL to Orlando is more than double the price.

I'm thinking about booking the trip to FTL right now, and waiting until there's a November sale to book the trip back home.

Does that seem like a good idea, or is it better to wait and book roundtrip at one time?

We did that (Orlando to Miami) as our return trip was on a Friday and Fridays are usually exempt from discounts.  They finally had a great discount available for Fridays and we booked then. The thing I learned as I have been watching this for awhile, booking early is not always the best case. It seems the better discounts are closer to your booking date.

Are you signed up for the email promotions? There is supposed to be a big one coming up starting on 9/2.  Somebody also just posted that they used BRIGHTSAVE for a decent discount.  Over on another social media platform there is a great BRIGHTLINE group where people usually share the discount codes in case you didn't get the email.

19 hours ago, cruise_co said:

We did that (Orlando to Miami) as our return trip was on a Friday and Fridays are usually exempt from discounts.  They finally had a great discount available for Fridays and we booked then. The thing I learned as I have been watching this for awhile, booking early is not always the best case. It seems the better discounts are closer to your booking date.

Are you signed up for the email promotions? There is supposed to be a big one coming up starting on 9/2.  Somebody also just posted that they used BRIGHTSAVE for a decent discount.  Over on another social media platform there is a great BRIGHTLINE group where people usually share the discount codes in case you didn't get the email.

Thanks. I did sign up for their emails. I'm also guessing that there may not be a discount for the trip from FTL to Orlando since our return trip is close to Thanksgiving. We'll see!

1 hour ago, RedbirdFLCruiser said:

Thanks. I did sign up for their emails. I'm also guessing that there may not be a discount for the trip from FTL to Orlando since our return trip is close to Thanksgiving. We'll see!

Please let us know if it works out for you. I'm also hearing people are getting discount rates closer to the date so you never know. All our booked cruises for the next year are out of Port Canaveral, but I'm looking forward to Brightline building a station in Cocoa. When that happens, we'll be checking out cruises from FTL as well. 🙂 

• Like 1

I cancelled my original one way (Orlando to Ft Lauderdale) and rebooked at a much lower price, which left me a credit that I can use toward our return trip. I'm going to hold out and see if they'll run a special for the later November trips. I used the code BRIGHTDEAL, which is valid through 9/15.

• Like 2