Question about NCL airfare

cb2367

I'm cruising out of San Juan in March 2025 and had the airfare and transportation costs included into the cruise fare. I'm paid in full at this point although I think I still have the daily service charges pending. 

I've never been to San Juan, so I wanted to make sure I would have time to explore. My plan was to keep the airfare provided by NCL but check Southwest once their schedule opened. That happened today and right now, it seems that whatever charge there is for NCL air travel that it's going to be less than what it will cost if I make my own reservation.

Already coming to San Juan the day before the cruise and I previously asked NCL about arriving the day before. I know that NCL will make the air reservations based on what's easiest for them so I have no idea when I'd actually arrive. Is there an option to deviate from the plan provided and go back home the day after the cruise? 

I guess I won't know the details until around 100 days out from sailing.

25 minutes ago, cb2367 said:

I'm cruising out of San Juan in March 2025 and had the airfare and transportation costs included into the cruise fare. I'm paid in full at this point although I think I still have the daily service charges pending. 

I've never been to San Juan, so I wanted to make sure I would have time to explore. My plan was to keep the airfare provided by NCL but check Southwest once their schedule opened. That happened today and right now, it seems that whatever charge there is for NCL air travel that it's going to be less than what it will cost if I make my own reservation.

Already coming to San Juan the day before the cruise and I previously asked NCL about arriving the day before. I know that NCL will make the air reservations based on what's easiest for them so I have no idea when I'd actually arrive. Is there an option to deviate from the plan provided and go back home the day after the cruise? 

I guess I won't know the details until around 100 days out from sailing.

Questions like this have been asked, and answered hundreds of times here, if you'd just searched a little.

But yes you can ask for 1 day or 2 day deviation, before and/or after cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You can request to arrive 1 or 2 days prior to your cruise and you can request to leave 1 or 2 days after your cruise. 3 days on either side if you also use their hotel. You can make changes to your reservation up until the day your final payment is DUE, so you still have plenty of time to decide. But don't hold your breath on the 100 days out - more likely to be 30-60.

We have been using the NCLAIR for several of our cruises. When domestic we do 1 day and international we do 2 days before. Last year for our Italy/Greece out of Rome with 2 days we arrived at 9am. We got our air info around 78 days. My current transatlantic cruise is in November with a 2 day deviation. We got our flights last week which was a nice surprise. My flight to Barcelona we are arriving 11:50 am. Hope this info is helpful to you.

We have used NCL air several times, call and make sure you have a one or two day deviation flight.  We had zero issues doing this.  Do NOT use their hotels, they are average and overpriced and a good agent will warn you about this, find your own. 

I believe we didn't get our travel itieneray until 30 days prior, but call and check.  YOU own your travel, meaning if you want to upgrade your seats, you call the airline and adjust with your travel number. I would hate flying southwest, but it is what it is. 

The taxi system in San Juan is regulated, meaning there are standard fares to each place, you exit the terminal, get in the taxi line and the fee is posted, so you won't get ripped off.  Uber and lyft exist there and ARE cheaper, although the wait times at the terminal are comparable.  Don't hesitate to do a pre book and price it out. 

If you stay in the Condado area and want to see old san juan, you will need a taxi or uber.  it's slightly cheaper to stay there versus old san Juan where you can just walk around.  

I wasn't aware that I could deviate on the return side of the trip. The ground transport was just a transfer from the airport to the ship setup by NCL. I probably won't need that since I'm coming in the day before the cruise and going back the day after it comes back in port.

I've got an Airbnb that if I've entered the address correctly looks to be somewhere around the Roosevelt and Domenech train stations/floral park/Central district area; probably isn't conveniently located near anything. 

10 hours ago, cb2367 said:

I wasn't aware that I could deviate on the return side of the trip

It's covered in the T&C of the promo - 

https://www.ncl.com/about/terms-and-conditions/promotions

Specifically - 

• Deviation requests up to 2 days pre/post cruise will be credited $25 USD per person per deviation for guests 1 and 3-8 on the reservation. No other deviation requests will be permitted.
  • Date deviations can be added up to 110 days prior to embarkation.