Back to the sea!

sockmonkeys

After 2 knee replacements and a hip replacement... I'm ready for another cruise....and I'm excited about a Queen Mary 2 departure from Quebec and arriving NYC.  Would love to hear comments.. Suggestions.... Secrets!!!

28 minutes ago, sockmonkeys said:

After 2 knee replacements and a hip replacement... I'm ready for another cruise....and I'm excited about a Queen Mary 2 departure from Quebec and arriving NYC.  Would love to hear comments.. Suggestions.... Secrets!!!

We did the NYC - NYC portion and love it. It's a sailing we will remember.

We truly enjoyed the Days at Sea transiting the Saint Lawrence Seaway.

Memorable Sailing.

Ah, thats the segment when we experienced a force 10 situation for a couple of days, off Newfoundland.  At one stage there was also a fire on top, put out in those conditions by crew. 

First sitting dinner was evacuated, announcments requested dog owners to go to the kennels and parents to collect children.  Staff were seen ready in life jackets.  Our second sitting dinner proceeded as usual.

While the storm continued decks were closed, most entertainment curtailed and shops closed for safety.  It was suggested that those with mobility problems should consider remaining in their staterooms and using room service.  Older people in the next room stayed put with the corridor door open.  We were physically unaffected, carried on as usual though things rolled around in the Lido.     

This is highly unusual, was still talked about by staff on board some years later.