Gold Level - Internet

artvlay

I wouldn't think so. What it actually is is a credit, you have to buy the internet package at the normal price and then they credit your account back $45. I couldn't see them crediting back double for the one plan.

Posted (edited)

No.  You would have to spend one 45$ worth on 2 days @ 24 $ a day on one card and the swop to use the up the other 45$ . You can’t use two devices at the same time unless you pay extra but it’s very easy to swop between the 2. The allowance is per card/ guest and not combinable. The whole voyage price is 18$ a day and reduces everyday as the voyage goes on so if you wait until the last 3 days to use 2nd allowance you will nearly get an extra day. 

Edited by Winifred 22

58 minutes ago, Winifred 22 said:

No.  You would have to spend one 45$ worth on 2 days @ 24 $ a day on one card and the swop to use the up the other 45$ . You can’t use two devices at the same time unless you pay extra but it’s very easy to swop between the 2. The allowance is per card/ guest and not combinable. The whole voyage price is 18$ a day and reduces everyday as the voyage goes on so if you wait until the last 3 days to use 2nd allowance you will nearly get an extra day. 

Does it?

I didn't know that. Interesting.

We buy per 24 hrs using each allowance judicially, starting on the first sea day but spread it out e.g. buy at 8am one day but wait 'til lunch time for the next purchase, wait 'til late afternoon the next and 8am for the next purchase 2 days later and swapping to the other allowance when appropriate.

Daft really as what's an extra $24/$48 on top of the whole cruise fare but it becomes a game!! 😄

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Victoria2 said:

Does it?

I didn't know that. Interesting.

We buy per 24 hrs using each allowance judicially, starting on the first sea day but spread it out e.g. buy at 8am one day but wait 'til lunch time for the next purchase, wait 'til late afternoon the next and 8am for the next purchase 2 days later and swapping to the other allowance when appropriate.

Daft really as what's an extra $24/$48 on top of the whole cruise fare but it becomes a game!! 😄

Not sure if I was clear the 18$ charge is the same every day but the whole voyage cost decreases by the day at the rate of 18$. I need the internet as my adult children like  to touch base with me everyday day so I just factor the internet cost  after World Club allowance the same as gratuities into the fare cost. Like you say  a drop in the ocean but I always look to save 18$ and buy the 2nd day🚢😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Writing this using the 4th day of our internet allowance. We spread it across the 10 days in carefully planned use by taking it around 1.00pm and the 24 hours gives us 2 half days of access. Both of us are Gold level so $45 gives us basically 2 x 24 hours each and it has been enough on this cruise combined with shore time on our phones. We have used a 24 hour Essential plan on a one device package across 2 phones, 2 iPads and a lap top as it is easy to disconnect from one device and log in using another. This has worked really well on previous cruises and this one too. We don't want to stream, only email, check the news, use whatsapp etc and the Essential package is fine for that.

• Like 3