Is WS still doing the dinner at Ephesus?

Posted (edited)

I know in June there was an issue with cruise passengers having dinner at Ephesus/Kusadasi.  Click here for the article.  Has anyone been since June and has Windstar still done the dinner?  I have a cruise booked for Fall of 2025 and the only reason for the cruise is to sail the Corinth Canal, and to have this dinner.  Kind of worried.  Anyone done Ephesus lately on WS?  Thanks

Edited by caymancouple

Just sailed on the WindStar for 2 weeks and they are doing dinner at Ephesus.  However, it's not IN the library.  It's at an area nearby amongst ruins.  I can't remember the exact location, but it was REALLY nice!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kbr said:

Just sailed on the WindStar for 2 weeks and they are doing dinner at Ephesus.  However, it's not IN the library.  It's at an area nearby amongst ruins.  I can't remember the exact location, but it was REALLY nice!

Thank you.  How was it????

11 hours ago, Roel94 said:

I was on Azamara with Windstar docked next us.

we went to hear music and they had a sit down dinner. I would of liked the dinner. 

Thanks.  We have sailed with you on Azamara several time.

Ginny

On 9/2/2024 at 8:24 AM, Roel94 said:

I was on Azamara with Windstar docked next us.

we went to hear music and they had a sit down dinner. I would of liked the dinner. 

We had the dinner and honestly going for music would have been enough. The food was terrible, really terrible and whilst the setting and atmosphere was incredible the food was so bad. It is provided by a nearby local hotel and just very low quality.

1 hour ago, Nillah said:

We had the dinner and honestly going for music would have been enough. The food was terrible, really terrible and whilst the setting and atmosphere was incredible the food was so bad. It is provided by a nearby local hotel and just very low quality.

That is very dissapointing to hear.

Yes, wine and beer are provided.  The food was traditional Turkish items.  I personally didn't care for the appetizers, although they were interesting to try.  The main meal was some sort of beef stew, which I thought was fine. 

Just now, Roel94 said:
On 9/4/2024 at 11:45 PM, kbr said:

Yes, wine and beer are provided.  The food was traditional Turkish items.  I personally didn't care for the appetizers, although they were interesting to try.  The main meal was some sort of beef stew, which I thought was fine. 

And if you do not eat meat thrn what.

We have been twice for the Ephesus dinner on Windstar. The vegetarian option is very poor, it consists of a plate of steamed vegetable. I complained after the first time and was asked on the second occasion what I would like but was again served the plain steamed vegetables. Turkey has amazing vegetarian food so they should be able to offer some much better. 

5 hours ago, paulygb said:

We have been twice for the Ephesus dinner on Windstar. The vegetarian option is very poor, it consists of a plate of steamed vegetable. I complained after the first time and was asked on the second occasion what I would like but was again served the plain steamed vegetables. Turkey has amazing vegetarian food so they should be able to offer some much better. 

That's terribly disappointing. WS has always gone the extra mile to provide delicious vegetarian fare. They need to make better accommodations for this dinner.