LIVE Labor Day on the Mardi Gras (8/31/24 - 9/8/24)

22 minutes ago, KarmaCruisers said:

lol; I also realize the function of QA..but it always makes me feel like “you don’t know what you’re doing, so we pay others to check your work”

we actually offshore our QA team.

And yet, we continue to find those bugs... far as I know they don't write themselves! (says an IT Director who spent 15 years in the QA field, and managed teams of both developers and testers)!

Not saying you make mistakes, but mistakes do happen, mostly because we constantly ask people to do more, with less time and expect the same quality as we've always had!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Shaded Lady said:

And yet, we continue to find those bugs... far as I know they don't write themselves! (says an IT Director who spent 15 years in the QA field, and managed teams of both developers and testers)!

Not saying you make mistakes, but mistakes do happen, mostly because we constantly ask people to do more, with less time and expect the same quality as we've always had!

My logic is undeniable…

haha

we live by the golden rule..no changes on Friday or Monday (no one wants to mess with an Incident on a Friday when they’re trying to get drunk..or a Monday when they’re trying to sober up!)

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Went to bed at a decent hour and got a good nights sleep. 
Man this room gets COLD! I actually had to turn the A/C DOWN! Haha

Got up at 7 and cleaned up and went out for my morning walk. 
During the mile on the track, we went through a cloudburst! Haha luckily my walking attire is “DryFit” so even though I got wet, it didn’t absorb it.

Went back to the room and took a shower and came down here to MDR for breakfast.

Snapped a pic on the way, at the Fortune Teller Bar.

IMG_7878.thumb.jpeg.a31ee186a1e906bf2ef9039ad5a569ab.jpeg

BTW: If this ships theme is supposed to be New Orleans / Mardi Gras..it’s a very poor attempt. The celebration’s theme of “classic carnival ships / Miami” is much more well executed.

• Like 6

58 minutes ago, KarmaCruisers said:

Went to bed at a decent hour and got a good nights sleep. 
Man this room gets COLD! I actually had to turn the A/C DOWN! Haha

Got up at 7 and cleaned up and went out for my morning walk. 
During the mile on the track, we went through a cloudburst! Haha luckily my walking attire is “DryFit” so even though I got wet, it didn’t absorb it.

Went back to the room and took a shower and came down here to MDR for breakfast.

Snapped a pic on the way, at the Fortune Teller Bar.

IMG_7878.thumb.jpeg.a31ee186a1e906bf2ef9039ad5a569ab.jpeg

BTW: If this ships theme is supposed to be New Orleans / Mardi Gras..it’s a very poor attempt. The celebration’s theme of “classic carnival ships / Miami” is much more well executed.

I think the French Quarter area on Mardi Gras is a "cleaner/classier" version and features nice bars reminiscent of some in New Orleans. We love both Mardi Gras (ship) and New Orleans - not the same but still fun. Fortune Teller Bar actually reminds me of the Bourbon O Bar in Bourbon Orleans (our favorite hotel in New Orleans). I can't put my finger on Brass Magnolia but I know we've been in a similar bar. All that comes to mind is the Carousel Bar but without the carousel. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Knights on the Beach said:

I think the French Quarter area on Mardi Gras is a "cleaner/classier" version and features nice bars reminiscent of some in New Orleans. We love both Mardi Gras (ship) and New Orleans - not the same but still fun. Fortune Teller Bar actually reminds me of the Bourbon O Bar in Bourbon Orleans (our favorite hotel in New Orleans). I can't put my finger on Brass Magnolia but I know we've been in a similar bar. All that comes to mind is the Carousel Bar but without the carousel. 

Maybe when I think New Orleans and Mardi Gras I’m expecting masquerade stuff and beads and festive stuff.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KarmaCruisers said:

Maybe when I think New Orleans and Mardi Gras I’m expecting masquerade stuff and beads and festive stuff.

You'll have that Thursday (unless they've changed the day) - Mardi Gras parade to Center Stage where they'll crown the King & Queen. It's lots of fun, so check your daily schedule for the day & time.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Knights on the Beach said:

You'll have that Thursday (unless they've changed the day) - Mardi Gras parade to Center Stage where they'll crown the King & Queen. It's lots of fun, so check your daily schedule for the day & time.

I saw that and have hopes for it 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, KarmaCruisers said:

That's the same kind of float my sister and I have (different brand but basically the same). We use them at our condo pool and are taking them on our cruise next week for the first time.

Edited by straitlover1965
  • Like 3

Went snorkeling here at HomeSweetHome..it was great!

I’ve actually had really nice snorkle mask/breather for a few years now, just never used.

I’m glad I brought it! I saw a TON of fish, even some that would be considered “dinner plate” size!

• Like 7

2:20pm and I’m back on the ship now.

whew! Did some chillin in the ocean, ate lunch, then snorkeled. I’m wore out from being out in the sun!

Going to take a shower and see what’s happening around the ship.

May pay $7 to watch the new MonsterVerse movie 

IMG_7889.thumb.jpeg.51363ba141cf0722bae2fce5c6ae6324.jpeg

• Like 6

Was playing poker with a good bunch; one dude was a former 49er (Terrance Dupree).

Was having fun but had to head to dinner 

Host came by and gave me Rudi’s for tommorow night and Steakhouse for Wednesday night.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1