star princess thanksgiving vs norwegian dawn in june

brovol

we are deciding whether to book the star princess over thanksgiving week, or, alternatively, the norwegian dawn in june. we have cruised both lines previously, and have enjoyed each cruise; but we are princess folks at heart. the problem is that this is a replacement for our canceled 3/26 star princess cruise, and we are not sure if we can wait 7 months for princess. further, the thanksgiving cruise would require taking the kids (ages 7 and 9) out of school for a few days. has anyone cruised both ships? all thoughts are welcome.

While I haven't been on the Star or the Dawn, I've been on the Grand (sister to the Star) several times and the Norwegian Star (sister to the Dawn) once. Thought both ships were great, and wouldn't have any qualms about taking either one of them. It seems to me that the itineraries are very different.

We've been on the NCL Dawn twice and Diamond Princess once. Coral Princess is next in three weeks. My kids like Princess better because of the freshwater pools. Overall our experience was better on Princess. We enjoyed painting pottery and like how they handle lines - ie:tendering. Seemed more organized.

I'm happy on any ship but, then again, I'm comparing it to being home doing anything but relaxing...you know...work, the house, the dog, soccer season and it just goes on and on!!!

Best of luck in your decision-

Bobbie

NCL Dawn is our favorite ship because of all the restaurants: French, Italian, Mexican, Steak House, Japanese, etc. We really enjoyed the Blue Lagoon's lomein and fried rice with chicken wings. There is so much variety that we could try a different theme each night. My favorite food was Impression's eggplant parmesean. The sauce was incredible.

We are sailing Crown Princess in September and look forward to anytime dining and will be curious to see how we like it after enjoying our cruise on Norwegian's Dawn.

We are sailing NCL Star next winter and can't wait to do freestyle cruising again. I don't think I can go back to traditional dining again unless the ship has multiple specialty restaurants.

Archived