Customs ? – Rome to Florida, followed by B2B cruise in US/Bahamas

Hi there.

We are Canadians, cruising on the Epic from Rome to Cape Canaveral in October 2024.  Having recently booked the subsequent 3-day cruise (Cape Canaveral to Bahamas, return) – same ship, same cabin 😊 – we’re wondering what our transition day might look like. 

Given that our TA cruise touches France, Spain, Portugal, before docking in US – anything we should be prepared for on transition day? Will we have to disembark to go through customs before re-boarding?  Or will everything be taken care of on the ship?

Appreciate any guidance in advance…

Leets

• Like 1

@cruiser1961

Having done TAs our observation would be that the ship will have to a "nil count".   Everyone MUST be off the ship and Immigration will have to clear it before anyone will be let on.

You could be lucky and do it very quickly (20 minutes) if you want to "stay on".   On the other hand it could be 3-4 hours.

The former case was when there were only 6 B2Bs and we were held on board till Immigration actual cleared the ship before being "done"

The latter has happened more than once!!!

I suggest that you arrange a trip.   When you get back to the ship wear your "In Transit" sticker and make sure you don't get in the check-in line but go straight to the customs check.

Often my wife takes a book to wait to get back on and I walk to a local bank to get myself US quarters!!   I have been known to get on before she has!!

• Like 1

Since  you are originating outside the US (doesn't really matter where you stop) and ending in the US, the US Customs and Immigrations will do full processing of everyone one the ship entering the US. It will likely take several hours the clear the entire ship. Your room steward will take over all rooms at 8:00 am to turn over all of their rooms for the next cruise. 

• Like 1