Odyssey - Europe 9/19/24-10/5/24 - LIVE 🚞🚌🚢 ✈️🚐

I just wrapped up my afternoon visit with @Dupable. She didn’t disappoint. We had the typical conversation about how she thinks the CIA is infiltrating America. That wasn’t the most shocking part of the conversation. She then casually went in to the details of her police encounter. I choked on my drink. 

IMG_0025.jpeg

• Haha 2

These next few details have me seriously questioning my transportation choice to the airport. She explains that she drove into oncoming traffic and then froze. I think she ended up sitting in an intersection blocking traffic for a bit before moving out of the way. She said she hadn’t made it far before she saw the sirens. When the officer walked up to the window she started sobbing. He then comforted her and helped her with her breathing. 🙄

She then goes on a long tirade about how she wish she’d gotten his name. She wants to thank him for how kind he was. He proceeded to instruct her to move out of the way faster next time she finds herself in that situation. It was an entire thing about cars going around her and how that’s okay. What is happening here?

IMG_0028.png

• Haha 5

On 9/16/2024 at 8:41 AM, julies5280 said:

If she is in North Dakota there are real problems since she is supposed to only be in South Dakota. 

Hopefully @Dupablestill made time for Grandpa (can’t remember your name for him) to get his sweatshirt. 

He is without the sweatshirt. She even gripped about what she called “a campaign against her” to pressure her to stop and get it. She says she was way too stressed to stop.

IMG_0029.jpeg

We have entered the last stretch. Just grabbing some lunch and then I’ll head to Target to pick up some essentials for the trip. Then back to work to wrap up my meetings. I should get home late this afternoon to finish up my packing. I’m not sure why but I’m feeling extremely fatigued the last two days. I’m hoping I shake it off by tomorrow. I guess I’ll have lots of time to sleep on my flights. It’s the final countdown!

IMG_0030.jpeg

• Like 8

I’m officially on vacation. The plan was to get home and do the last of my laundry and finish my packing. The universe has other plans. I got home but my house has no power. I’m not going to panic. Not me. I’m used to these curveballs. I think I’ll just put my effort into getting ice out of the freezer manually so I can have a drink.

IMG_0031.jpeg

• Like 5

I think I left off in Milan. I will leave Milan on Friday the 4th around noon and head to the Termini station in Rome via train. I will pick up my stored luggage and spend one more night in Rome. On this stop I’ll be staying at the Rome Cavalieri, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel. I will only be staying one night. I fly home the next day in the mid-afternoon. That will be the end of my itinerary. Now the trip is about to begin….

IMG_0033.jpeg

• Like 4

@Dupable just stopped by to share her excitement for our trip. She also assured me she will be here at 7:45 tomorrow for my requested 8 am pickup. Some of you might recall she shamelessly almost caused my son and I to miss flights on our prior trip with her. My hope is that because she isn’t traveling she won’t be delayed. 

IMG_0034.jpeg

It is now 6 am on trip day. I’ve been up since around 3. I’ve already showered and have half a suit case packed so far. Leaving in a little under 2 hours. I can’t wait. I’m not super familiar with this airline or terminal. The airline suggested I arrive at 9:20. I’ll be getting there by 8:30. I have lounge access so I want time to check that out. 

IMG_0035.jpeg

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Denversail said:

I have lounge access so I want time to check that out. 

We will be in the United club. Hopefully we will cross paths. Our flight starts to board at 9:25 which is crazy for a 10:15 flight. 

@julies5280 has made it onto her flight. When I got here I went over to the United Club in their terminal and met them for a drink. We got to hang out for about an hour. I saw them off to their gate and headed back to the club in my terminal. My flight boards in about 30 minutes.

Edited by Denversail
  • Like 3

My first flight of the day is to Montreal. It has a duration of about 3:45 minutes. It sounds like we will start boarding in a little bit. I’m scheduled to land in Montreal @ 5:02 pm.

Edited by Denversail
  • Like 1