Gelato on SKY Princess (1st time on Princess)

Rica6

Hello we will be travelling over the New Years 2024/2025 sailing and have pre-purchased the Plus package.

I know that we have the option of 2 premium desserts daily but does this include the gelato.

I have a gluten and dairy allergy so cant indulge on those types of desserts but i noticed that the gelato spot has fruit sorbetto which I would love!

Is this included in our plus package? 

So excited as this is our first ever Princess cruise and first time travelling over New Years holiday on a cruise with the family. 

We have cruised before on Carnival (7 cruises) always with our kids but they are all adults now so I wanted to try something different and make this New Years special for all of us!!!

The premium desserts offered as part of the package officially are only the dessert sundaes and premium cakes. Unofficially, ships that have the Gelato shop, some folks were able to swap out the official servings to just a couple scoops of gelato or sorbetto. It depends on the Gelato staff, as they would need to code the sale of the item as a "premium" dessert. Alternatively, you may ask for a premium and then have it deconstructed, e.g., just give me the gelato and put the rest of the stuff on the slide 😋

We were on the Sky the beginning of August.  One of our travel partners also had a gluten and dairy allergy (MDR was great in getting her meals she could eat).  She got gelato (she had NO package) because they had a non dairy flavor (I think it was vanilla).  They did not charge her.  She got it another day too and again she was not charged.  Our guess was they didn't charge because it was the only place on the ship with non dairy ice cream.  Oh, and she thought it was delicious!

Perfect ! Thank you 

5 hours ago, akaCruiser said:

The premium desserts offered as part of the package officially are only the dessert sundaes and premium cakes. Unofficially, ships that have the Gelato shop, some folks were able to swap out the official servings to just a couple scoops of gelato or sorbetto. It depends on the Gelato staff, as they would need to code the sale of the item as a "premium" dessert. Alternatively, you may ask for a premium and then have it deconstructed, e.g., just give me the gelato and put the rest of the stuff on the slide 😋