Hotel Recommendation For Vancouver Cruise Port

iiplus

Cruising out of Vancouver later this month. We need recommendation for hotel Airbnb and method of travel to cruise port. We’ve disembarked in Vancouver; this is our first time cruising from Vancouver. 
thanks

Will you be flying into Vancouver Airport or arriving by some other means?  Are you wanting to stay for a couple days to explore the area or just coming in for the cruise?  I ask because there are lots of good places to stay depending on if you want very close proximity to the cruise port, or close proximity to the airport so you can just relax as soon as you arrive in the city. 

11 hours ago, canadjineh said:

Will you be flying into Vancouver Airport or arriving by some other means?  Are you wanting to stay for a couple days to explore the area or just coming in for the cruise?  I ask because there are lots of good places to stay depending on if you want very close proximity to the cruise port, or close proximity to the airport so you can just relax as soon as you arrive in the city. 

We will fly to Vancouver 

11 hours ago, canadjineh said:

We are arriving on the 19th. Just there for the night 

16 hours ago, iiplus said:

Cruising out of Vancouver later this month. We need recommendation for hotel Airbnb and method of travel to cruise port. We’ve disembarked in Vancouver; this is our first time cruising from Vancouver. 
thanks

Hello @iiplus

Thank you for your new threadHowever, your inquiry was off topic where posted since it is about hotel Airbnb and transportation to the cruise port in Vancouver. To help you out, your new thread has been moved to the North American Homeports - West Coast Departures forum where it will be on topic. The majority of your fellow Cruise Critic members that live here or have sailed from here frequent this forum and provide the feedback you are looking for. Browse through the thread titles in this forum looking for threads of interest. You may find your fellow Cruise Critic members have already posted questions and received answers that may be of interest to you.

The Cruise Critic website and message boards are both great resources for new as well as experienced cruisers and we are so glad you have posted! Please click here Cruise Critic Community for our forum categories. I suggest you put the page link in your browser's Favorites for quick & easy access in the future. Please read a few threads in the forums to get a feel for what each forum is about. Make sure you read any pinned threads (aka stickies) on the top of the first page of threads in most forums. You will find very important instructions or information there.

sincerely hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! 

Happy sails,

Host Kat

Hi @iiplus:  Here's a good basic site to give you some ideas that's backed up by other cruisers... https://allcruisehotels.com/blog/best-hotels-near-vancouver-cruise-port/#port

- warning:  Vancouver hotels are NOT cheap, even NYC near Times Square will net you better deals, but it is what it is.  I would suggest staying at an hotel near the airport as it's quieter and getting an Uber or taxi will be easy 1/2 hr trip (barring any traffic incidents/construction issues) and most likely cheaper than one close to the cruise port even if within walking distance.  I used to live down there quite a few years ago but haven't needed to stay in town for quite a while.

Another suggestion is if you belong to any discount or coupon type site like Groupon or Travelzoo or Hotwire etc, take a look for random hotel deals in the city.  I use those sites a lot when we only need a room for the night and all we want is a good sleep without worrying about sightseeing possibilities.  If you are checking out AirBnB - British Columbia has enacted laws to limit their availability because there is an affordable housing shortage here and short term rentals have exacerbated the problem.  Make sure you are getting a legally allowed/licenced space so you don't have any problems.  Best wishes and bon voyage!