Curacao on Christmas Day

RedBauer18

We're going to be on a cruise over Christmas and we stop in Curacao on Christmas Day. Will anything be open? I emailed a couple of the destinations listed on tour excursions being offered by MSC, our cruise operator, and they said that would be closed. Paying for excursions to places that are not open seems like a waste. I am considering those excursions to be a bust. What should we do there? How do we get those places? I am not opposed to a beach day, but is there one that we should try to head to? If you have directions on where to find a safe ride from the port, that would be appreciated too. Oddly, this was one of the days when excursions to various island-based all inclusive resorts were not offered. Will Aruba be better on Christmas Eve? If you have tips on things to there, please, share those too.

Our cruise will have us in Curacao on Christmas Day. MSC is offering excursions, but most of them list places/destinations that are closed on Christmas Day. I emailed the aloe plantation, museum, etc to be sure. What options might we have? Where are we likely to find an open restaurant? On all of the other islands, there was an excursion option to hit up one of the all-inclusive resorts for the day, but not on Christmas. What can we do? Where can we go?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2024 at 12:10 PM, RedBauer18 said:

Our cruise will have us in Curacao on Christmas Day. MSC is offering excursions, but most of them list places/destinations that are closed on Christmas Day. I emailed the aloe plantation, museum, etc to be sure. What options might we have? Where are we likely to find an open restaurant? On all of the other islands, there was an excursion option to hit up one of the all-inclusive resorts for the day, but not on Christmas. What can we do? Where can we go?

Beaches will be open for sure.

Things in Punda- some will be open for limited hours (like shops) because there is a cruise ship here (typically 10 am to 2 pm)

Some restaurants and bars will be open.

Museums and attractions will be closed.