Family-friendly Beach Club with Great Food/Drink

attran99

Hello!

We'll be back in Cozumel in Dec with our friends, who are bringing their 2 boys (under the age of 7) along.  It's been quite some time since I've been this way.  Is Paradise Beach Club still the right play for our day at port?  We were there 8 years ago and our kids had a great time.

We'd like a place with amenities such as good food and drink, fun atmosphere for the kids, and easy so all 4 adults can just enjoy the day.

Thanks so much!

2 hours ago, attran99 said:

Hello!

We'll be back in Cozumel in Dec with our friends, who are bringing their 2 boys (under the age of 7) along.  It's been quite some time since I've been this way.  Is Paradise Beach Club still the right play for our day at port?  We were there 8 years ago and our kids had a great time.

We'd like a place with amenities such as good food and drink, fun atmosphere for the kids, and easy so all 4 adults can just enjoy the day.

Thanks so much!

We just got back from Cozumel where we booked an excursion to Playa Mia. We loved it, would not hesitate to go back there again. It is actually right next-door to Paradise Beach club.

Thanks, @Marie51!  Very helpful!

Which package did you get and what are some things you loved the most about your experience?

How far was the pool to the beach...in case our friends' kids decide to move back and forth.

How far were the daybeds to the beach?  Although, our friends are bringing their kids, I'm planning on chillin' most of our time here.  Maybe do a parasail or a massage, too.

Would love you hear more about your experience.

53 minutes ago, attran99 said:

Thanks, @Marie51!  Very helpful!

Which package did you get and what are some things you loved the most about your experience?

How far was the pool to the beach...in case our friends' kids decide to move back and forth.

How far were the daybeds to the beach?  Although, our friends are bringing their kids, I'm planning on chillin' most of our time here.  Maybe do a parasail or a massage, too.

Would love you hear more about your experience.

We bought an excursion through celebrity cruise that included transportation to Playa Mia, lunch and drinks. They have two swimming pools and they’re both pretty good size. I’m not sure what you mean by daybeds but if you mean lounge chairs, they were right there at the beach or you could go further back if you want to. They had staff there to put up an umbrella if you wanted it. They came around frequently for drink orders.  I noticed they did have massages available. They also have lots of gift shops for souvenirs and the like.

• Like 1

My hesitation for Nachi Cocum is the lack of inflatables in the water for the kids to enjoy.

Still trying to decide between Paradise and Playa Mia. 

Some online reviews (TripAdvisor) suggest that Playa Mia waterslides and kids' play area look like they are in need of some TLC.  I contacted them direct and found transportation could be included, it's an added (approximately) $16 per person with some limitations:

• Meeting spot is at the Royal Village shopping center
  • Transport/Return trips can only take place every hour on the hour

It makes more sense to grab a taxi from the port exit and go direct since we have 6 people.

I need to get booking since it seems the day looks to be popular.  I've been scouring the board and I don't see many recent descriptive reviews/photos of Playa Mia.  Whereas, I did enjoy @ABQrobin great YouTube video.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, attran99 said:

My hesitation for Nachi Cocum is the lack of inflatables in the water for the kids to enjoy.

Still trying to decide between Paradise and Playa Mia. 

Some online reviews (TripAdvisor) suggest that Playa Mia waterslides and kids' play area look like they are in need of some TLC.  I contacted them direct and found transportation could be included, it's an added (approximately) $16 per person with some limitations:

• Meeting spot is at the Royal Village shopping center
  • Transport/Return trips can only take place every hour on the hour

It makes more sense to grab a taxi from the port exit and go direct since we have 6 people.

I need to get booking since it seems the day looks to be popular.  I've been scouring the board and I don't see many recent descriptive reviews/photos of Playa Mia.  Whereas, I did enjoy @ABQrobin great YouTube video.

I would certainly do some research regarding whether children under 7 would enjoy or be able to access the inflatables at Paradise. It would depend on the kids but they would need to be strong. The inflatables are in deep water as of necessity and require strength to climb.

I haven’t been to Playa Mia as we don’t usually do family oriented parks but are considering it early next year since we will have 5 year olds AND tweens but will do PAYG option as AI not recommended and our own transport. I am not surprised it is in need of TLC as I am not sure how much longer it will be open. 

Have you thought about Chankanaab and perhaps Cabana Beach for your group? Lots of different activities available although unfortunately I don’t think they ever reopened kids paintball or ziplines and rope course. 

We also like Buccanos ( not  Mondays).

Edited by c-leg5
  • Thanks 1