Night attire on Seadream

chatuga

Do people dress up for dinner or is casual the way to go? Am considering a transatlantic cruise and have never been on Seadream.

Also wondering if snorkeling equipment is available on board for Caribbean ports.

From the Seabourn website (hopefully this covers it, let us know if there's something you'd like clarification on):

Daytime dress is stylish yet elegant, “country-club casual” and depends on climate. Shorts and other more casual attire are appropriate during the daytime. Evening dress for gentlemen includes slacks or pants, closed-toe shoes, pressed collared shirt, jacket (if desired). For ladies, dress or skirt, blouse or casually elegant top, and pants are appropriate. While suits, ties, and formal gowns are not required/expected we do request that guests refrain from wearing jeans/denim, shorts, skorts, t-shirts, flip-flops, tattered/torn clothing, or bathing suits to dinner or while enjoying the evening activities onboard.

They do have some snorkeling equipment to borrow.

Definitely nice casual.  I usually wear nice slacks, which might include Dockers, and a button-up long- or short-sleeve shirt.  I take the standard blue blazer in case it is chilly when eating on deck or when dining with the captain.  If dinner is alfresco, nice shorts and boat shoes are fine.  I have never taken a necktie or dress shoes on a SD cruise.

Although there is snorkeling gear, we had always brought our own when we snorkeled.  We liked our masks and snorkels, which had valves at the top.  We also brought our own inflatable vests for extra confidence.  I'm not sure the boat has those.

That's from seadream.com,  not seaborne.   I suspect that on a transatlantic people will dress better than in the Caribbean. They definitely dress up more on European cruises.  Women dress up more than men.  The nights will be chilly in the dining room or on the deck.

20 minutes ago, lincslady said:

The title led me to ask - are they still providing pyjamas with your name on, which is my idea of 'night attire'?  They were lovely, and a great reminder of your cruise.

Yes, they are still providing those. And if, like me, you have multiple pair at home, you can request (in advance) that someone else's name be put on the pajamas to give them as a gift.

Regarding evening dress, I dress the way I would if I were going to an upscale restaurant.

• Thanks 1