Cabin Orientation ?

Cruise-Cat

Is there any way to ascertain the bed orientation in any cabin? i.e. does the bed face bow or stern?  Just wondering since the space between the wardrobe and bed is relatively narrow in a standard cabin so the orientation will determine which of us is on the wardrobe side.

I believe that there is a way using Saga's deck plan leaflet, although whethet it is worth the effort is only something you can decide. In general, for standard cabins...

Cabins alternate between forward facing and rear facing orientation, in pairs with the doors adjacent to one another. The bed faces the wall adjacent to the door.

Some cabins have connecting doors (usually locked) on the wall adjacent to the door. These are available to be purchased together and are marked with a symbol on the list of cabins, but strangely not on the deck plans themselves. For example, on SofA cabins B049 and B050.

So in the example given, the doors of B049 and B050 will be next to one another with the connecting wall between them and the bed in each cabin facing this wall. AS they are on the starboard side of the ship the bed in B049 will face rearward and that in B050 will face forward.

Hope this makes sense!

Edited by Denarius
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Denarius said:

I believe that there is a way using Saga's deck plan leaflet, although whethet it is worth the effort is only something you can decide. In general, for standard cabins...

Cabins alternate between forward facing and rear facing orientation, in pairs with the doors adjacent to one another. The bed faces the wall adjacent to the door.

Some cabins have connecting doors (usually locked) on the wall adjacent to the door. These are available to be purchased together and are marked with a symbol on the list of cabins, but strangely not on the deck plans themselves. For example, on SofA cabins B049 and B050.

So in the example given, the doors of B049 and B050 will be next to one another with the connecting wall between them and the bed in each cabin facing this wall. AS they are on the starboard side of the ship the bed in B049 will face rearward and that in B050 will face forward.

Hope this makes sense!

Thank you - that makes sense.  Our allocated cabin is aft portside deck B so I'm wondering if the last cabin, B553 would have its cabin door away from the very end of the corridor and thus the bed facing the bow.  If so, the odd numbered cabins would be bow facing and the evens stern facing.

SoA Deck B Aft.png

1 hour ago, Cruise-Cat said:

Thank you - that makes sense.  Our allocated cabin is aft portside deck B so I'm wondering if the last cabin, B553 would have its cabin door away from the very end of the corridor and thus the bed facing the bow.  If so, the odd numbered cabins would be bow facing and the evens stern facing.

SoA Deck B Aft.png

B541 and B542 have a connecting door, as do B549 and B550. So the bed in B550 would face the connecting wall and thus face forward. In the normal sequence of pairs it would be B551 facing rearwards, B552 facing forward and B553 rearwards but B552 is a suite and this complicates matters. So whether B553's bed faces forward or rearwards is anyones guess.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Denarius said:

B541 and B542 have a connecting door, as do B549 and B550. So the bed in B550 would face the connecting wall and thus face forward. In the normal sequence of pairs it would be B551 facing rearwards, B552 facing forward and B553 rearwards but B552 is a suite and this complicates matters. So whether B553's bed faces forward or rearwards is anyones guess.

Thank you - great analysis.  Have realised that we have a connecting cabin 🤦🏼‍♀️ so think I’ve figured out the orientation now. I hadn’t noticed before so this has been extremely useful 👏👏

Have you any experience of being in a connected cabin ?  Most cabins seem to be well sound proofed on Saga so probably not an issue.

16 hours ago, Cruise-Cat said:

Thank you - great analysis.  Have realised that we have a connecting cabin 🤦🏼‍♀️ so think I’ve figured out the orientation now. I hadn’t noticed before so this has been extremely useful 👏👏

Have you any experience of being in a connected cabin ?  Most cabins seem to be well sound proofed on Saga so probably not an issue.

I’m in one at the moment and there is no sound at all from next door or anywhere else. I was a little concerned, having not noticed when I booked, but need not have worried. 

21 minutes ago, FannyLiz said:

I’m in one at the moment and there is no sound at all from next door or anywhere else. I was a little concerned, having not noticed when I booked, but need not have worried. 

Thanks- that is so helpful