Sojourn is a happy place

SistersInFun

On 9/12/2024 at 3:36 AM, caviarforme said:

We still enjoyed, but full expectations were not met. I feel sorry for the many excellent staff, some of whom may find their contract not renewed with the demise of Odyssey and subsequent over-staffing.

You will find many excellent former SB staff on competing lines.  We talk, and it is always fun to listen.  As this thread demonstrates, we're all free agents....staff and passengers.

Almost tempted to get on Sojourn if only to visit Lucca. 

Yes, Waterside on New Crystal serves breakfast and lunch.  They might miss a lunch while in port.  Will know for sure next month.....and over the holidays. 

3 hours ago, saminina said:

Yes, Waterside on New Crystal serves breakfast and lunch.  They might miss a lunch while in port.  Will know for sure next month.....and over the holidays. 

Waterside is closed for lunch on port days

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, 2SailingNomads said:

Many other options exist for ocean voyages:....................  When we were on the Encore last month a lot of inexperienced crew, and some who clearly were in the wrong job and it was obvious they didn't like their job, not the Seabourn we started on 13 years ago.  

2SailingNomads, have you ever gone back to the Little Sisters, now with Windstar?  Our first cruise was on Seabourn Spirit, now Windstar Breeze.  We are very excited about being reacquainted in November on a French Polynesian cruise.  Their reviews sound like the Seabourn of old.

17 hours ago, Laylam said:

2SailingNomads, have you ever gone back to the Little Sisters, now with Windstar?  Our first cruise was on Seabourn Spirit, now Windstar Breeze.  We are very excited about being reacquainted in November on a French Polynesian cruise.  Their reviews sound like the Seabourn of old.

Hi,

We have not, although have been tempted especially for French Polynesia - will be very interested to get your perspective.  We first sailed on the Legend and also sailed on the Pride (which was one of the best cruises we did) and had planned to be on the Spirit's last cruise but decided to instead surprise my Mom for her birthday...   We have seen over the years in multiple ports (including in Bordeaux a few weeks ago) various of the Little Sisters, I think the refurbishment of them and extension was a wise idea.  I know a lot of very good Seabourn crew and management went over to Windstar years ago but I do not know how many are still there.  As saminina said above, and I have in multiple threads, there are many ex-Seabourn crew on other lines.  We have sailed on Scenic Eclipse I (twice) and Eclipse II (once) and I knew more people - and they knew us - from Seabourn when I got on vs. when I get on a Seabourn ship these days, (and know almost no one - Ross was there last month on the Encore, and there were maybe 3 others we knew the entire time including a crew change over when Princess came on) unlike when I'd see 20+ crew we knew from a former cruise on a Seabourn embarkation day.

I have looked at multiple Windstar cruises and the prices are much more reasonable than the current Seabourn prices, only real issue we have is a lack of verandas.  Not all inclusive but they have packages you can add that certainly can work for us, and since we usually buy wine from the revenue list for dinner the price restriction on what is included in the package should not be an issue.

Hope you have a great cruise!

4 hours ago, 2SailingNomads said:

.  ..........Not all inclusive but they have packages you can add that certainly can work for us, and since we usually buy wine from the revenue list for dinner the price restriction on what is included in the package should not be an issue.

Hope you have a great cruise!

Thanks for your reply, I will certainly report back.  You may be interested in this, a complimentary upgrade to 'all inclusive'  https://www.windstarcruises.com/specials/sail-beyond-ordinary/   

While I am breaking all the rules and being 'off topic' does anyone know if Mr Luxury is OK?