New Internet Plan

DeniseTr

If you have an Android phone, you can just share the internet connection from your phone to other devices over the mobile hotspot setting.  I think iOS only allows sharing mobile data and not wifi, though this might be old info.  But I was on the Venezia last week and had no problem sharing my internet plan over my phone to all my other devices.

7 hours ago, totz808 said:

If you have an Android phone, you can just share the internet connection from your phone to other devices over the mobile hotspot setting.  I think iOS only allows sharing mobile data and not wifi, though this might be old info.  But I was on the Venezia last week and had no problem sharing my internet plan over my phone to all my other devices.

Or you can just log off the WiFi plan on your phone and log in to Wifi on your computer.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2024 at 11:02 AM, totz808 said:

You specifically used mobile Hotspot to do it? We're you using wifi to get internet at the time?

5 minutes ago, DeniseTr said:

You specifically used mobile Hotspot to do it? We're you using wifi to get internet at the time?

Yes.  Specifically, I would connect to the ship's wifi on my Android phone, and activate the internet with my folio number and birthdate.  Then I would turn on my mobile hotspot feature on my phone, then get on my laptop and tablet and connect to my phone's hotspot.  I was able to get internet on all my devices this way while at sea.

I have heard that this does not work on iPhones but I can't say for sure since I don't own one.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, totz808 said:

Yes.  Specifically, I would connect to the ship's wifi on my Android phone, and activate the internet with my folio number and birthdate.  Then I would turn on my mobile hotspot feature on my phone, then get on my laptop and tablet and connect to my phone's hotspot.  I was able to get internet on all my devices this way while at sea.

I have heard that this does not work on iPhones but I can't say for sure since I don't ..

Thx, will try that. I love mobile hotspot, but thought that was dedicated to cell carrier network.