Specialty dining reservation times need to be fairly distributed.

mozfoz

9 minutes ago, SATaxman said:

I can confirm that this is how it works. Our Butler was not able to obtain an extra reservation for a 2 top at 6:30 or 7:00 on the one night we asked.We did not check at either the reservation desk or the restaurants. Enjoyed terrace Cafe that night.

I think the one thing most of us do not acknowledge is that within the society of those who work on the ship there is a pecking order. Anyone who has worked in a hotel or fine dining establishment knows of this.

People/employees are liked or not liked. Favors are extended to the likes. Sometimes there is a monetary incentive. You pay that bus person extra for clearing “your tables” above the customary %. Or the bartender to put your order first above other servers. All quite hush hush of course. And sometimes there is a worker who just doesn’t fit in to their behind the scenes society and no one goes out of their way on their requests.

We however on the outside, are completely unaware and would never be cued in -left scratching our heads at what we see others get.

I guess a lot of us have different experiences. I’ve never had it rain on me , or sun burn my head, in any of the ship restaurants. Some people think they need to wear hats inside a restaurant? 😳. Must go with the Merican food or something! 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

I guess a lot of us have different experiences. I’ve never had it rain on me , or sun burn my head, in any of the ship restaurants. Some people think they need to wear hats inside a restaurant? 😳. Must go with the Merican food or something! 🙄

Most of those I know like what the hat does to their appearance. Covers a lot of skin.🤗

3 minutes ago, Thought2go said:

Most of those I know like what the hat does to their appearance. Covers a lot of skin.🤗

I thought they wore toupees for that! 😂. Lots of those evident! 😇

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, sunlover12 said:

... With all due respect, I think you’re putting too much emphasis on Suite passengers asking for extra reservations. Not everyone wants them....

No, we agree on this. I don't really care for them. Too long to dine. And my wife dislikes Red Ginger. So did 2 reservations at Tuscan Steak. And when we dine in one, we tell them, "No wine and no bread" immediately. I rarely have dessert. So we did our 4 in our 22 nights and then it was TC for the other 18. (NO GDR for us, either. Too long. Too formal.)

6 minutes ago, Thought2go said:
10 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

... Some people think they need to wear hats inside a restaurant?....

You might try the OUTSIDE part of TC. And Waves is "outside", too. Never forget the seagull stealing my pork dish one afternoon. Love to watch sundown while eating far aft.

27 minutes ago, DrHemlock said:

.... Mind you, we don't wear our gold level caps to dinner so maybe we're just too incognito....

When O gives us both not one but two O Bronze baseball caps and two backpacks, we're going to use them on and off the ship. To save on wear & tear on the ones we brought. Fit nicely, looked nice, and I didn't pay for it. Good for TC aft. Esp. at lunch. Or before sundown.