OBSERVATIONS FROM THE POOP DECK SEASCAPE SEPTEMBER

morpheusofthesea

6 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

A special Yacht Club only event. Complimentary scotch whiskey and chocolate tasting. DW wants to know what the big deal is with all the complimentary whiskey in the Yacht Club already ?

How were you made aware of this? We are YCing in 12 days with friends who have only cruised NCL Haven. We are trying to show them there is a better choice. He would love this. 

8 minutes ago, Mommapadraig said:

How were you made aware of this? We are YCing in 12 days with friends who have only cruised NCL Haven. We are trying to show them there is a better choice. He would love this. 

Unlike Regent Seven Seas butler, we have a good MSC butler that keeps us informed ahead of time to plan our day and evenings.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mommapadraig said:

with friends who have only cruised NCL Haven. We are trying to show them there is a better choice. He would love this. 

We prefer the Yacht Club over the Haven. The menu in the Haven is the same every day. One need not spend money on specialty dining as the YC menu varies from day to day (like in Haven).. One can special order in advance in both, but that special order takes 2 hours to arrive in the Haven (DW's standing order of a grilled chicken breast and one baked potato, took 2 hours every evening ). Guests in the Yacht Club will not be bothered by other YC guests that book more than one cabin, throwing footballs or frisbees like on the Haven pool deck. Bottled mineral water is complimentary in the Yacht Club. Most of the YC suites, lounge, restaurant and pool are together. New elevators are 'express' for Yacht Club guests on ’Seaships”.  From deck 8 press deck 19, A,B,C ,or D elevator lights up; step toward the lit elevator, empty elevator opens, walk in, no further deck buttons inside elevator for children to play with, express to deck 19. Every Theatre show has reserved seating, no reservations needed for Yacht Club guests. One will not see discarded, soiled plates and drink glasses left in hallways of YC. 110 YC cabins, counted 16 butlers during captains greeting in Top Sail Lounge, so plenty of service, no waiting. Live music in the exclusive Yacht Club suite lounge  called TopSail Lounge in the evenings.

Edited by morpheusofthesea
  • Like 2

Discovered another asset of having a good butler like we have. Suppose one wants to send a gift to a really nice fellow passenger like a bottle of liquor. I asked my butler to find out this fellow passenger's libation of choice. My butler inquires from their butler and then my butler hands off to their butler the gift. 

P.S. This is a rarity and for us, but is becoming increasingly common these last sailings in the Yacht Club as well.

• Like 3

I thought that this post was important enough to post on my thread as well.

Scottdalfonso said:

I'm cracking up at the fact that they're making signs to flash around, like backstage passes at a concert! lol... OH NO... I might have to pass the poors and deal with their baggage handlers! 

Laugh all you want. But without the sign we were denied entry and had to pull up with the "Poors and deal with their baggage handlers" back in February. For us with 10-12 suitcases and to ensure our luggage is handled properly (and doesn't end up accidently in the water or left behind in the terminal) we tipped the porter $50 to get it delivered to the proper place. A hand trolley was insufficient to handle our luggage so he had to get a cart trolley. And where do you think he brought this cart/trolley...right over to the YC drop off tent where it had to be tagged with special YC gold tags by the YC porter. This entailed another $50 tip to the YC porter to also ensure we get our luggage. So by NOT allowing us to drop off at the proper drop off point cost us double. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

I thought that this post was important enough to post on my thread as well.

Scottdalfonso said:

I'm cracking up at the fact that they're making signs to flash around, like backstage passes at a concert! lol... OH NO... I might have to pass the poors and deal with their baggage handlers! 

Laugh all you want. But without the sign we were denied entry and had to pull up with the "Poors and deal with their baggage handlers" back in February. For us with 10-12 suitcases and to ensure our luggage is handled properly (and doesn't end up accidently in the water or left behind in the terminal) we tipped the porter $50 to get it delivered to the proper place. A hand trolley was insufficient to handle our luggage so he had to get a cart trolley. And where do you think he brought this cart/trolley...right over to the YC drop off tent where it had to be tagged with special YC gold tags by the YC porter. This entailed another $50 tip to the YC porter to also ensure we get our luggage. So by NOT allowing us to drop off at the proper drop off point cost us double. 

How many of you and how long are you traveling that you have 10-12 suitcases? 

1 hour ago, morpheusofthesea said:

We prefer the Yacht Club over the Haven. The menu in the Haven is the same every day. One need not spend money on specialty dining as the YC menu varies from day to day (like in Haven).. One can special order in advance in both, but that special order takes 2 hours to arrive in the Haven (DW's standing order of a grilled chicken breast and one baked potato, took 2 hours every evening ). Guests in the Yacht Club will not be bothered by other YC guests that book more than one cabin, throwing footballs or frisbees like on the Haven pool deck. Bottled mineral water is complimentary in the Yacht Club. Most of the YC suites, lounge, restaurant and pool are together. New elevators are 'express' for Yacht Club guests on ’Seaships”.  From deck 8 press deck 19, A,B,C ,or D elevator lights up; step toward the lit elevator, empty elevator opens, walk in, no further deck buttons inside elevator for children to play with, express to deck 19. Every Theatre show has reserved seating, no reservations needed for Yacht Club guests. One will not see discarded, soiled plates and drink glasses left in hallways of YC. 110 YC cabins, counted 16 butlers during captains greeting in Top Sail Lounge, so plenty of service, no waiting. Live music in the exclusive Yacht Club suite lounge  called TopSail Lounge in the evenings.

Yes we have cruised the YC before and have told them about all of this. .I doubt we will cruise NCL again.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

how to properly accessorize our ultra violet protected shirts.

I like those fishing shirts.  I believe my DW finally tossed my last one a year or so ago.  I think when we get back from our cruise I am going to buy a couple in preparation for our next cruise.  These days I wear the long sleeve UV quick dry type pull over shirts.  

Since I  wear my glasses full time, I have never needed to store mine as shown but I have used that method to store my line clippers/scissors when fishing. 

• Like 3

On 9/14/2024 at 8:39 PM, kelleherdl said:

I need to check this out. My recollection was that MSC was assiduously avoiding selling any Yacht Club logo items. I’d love to change the towels on my home pool loungers to the YC Blue.

Dear Professor, I just had a chance to stop back into the logo store and took a picture of the bathrobes and the towels for sale. Towels $31.50 each, buy two get 20% off.

Just noticed the bathrobe is generic. Will double check the towel as it was folded without the logo and DW is always in a hurry and rushing me when I am scouting for answers for CC. She has all the time in the world for her scouting.

IMG_4203.jpeg

IMG_4206.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrsFops&FopsC5 said:

If you wouldn’t mind while on the ship, can you please inquire on the opening of the new terminal?  Would love any info.  Also, how is Ocean Cay modifications going?

Am enjoying your comments, have a wonderful cruise 

Yes, thank you. Last month we were here and our YC Hotel Manager Mr. Nezy heard that the company is pushing for new terminal opening this November....latest January.

Going to Ocean Cay, last stop this week. Will report.

P.S. Yes it is great cruise.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Dear Professor, I just had a chance to stop back into the logo store and took a picture of the bathrobes and the towels for sale. Towels $31.50 each, buy two get 20% off.

Just noticed the bathrobe is generic. Will double check the towel as it was folded without the logo and DW is always in a hurry and rushing me when I am scouting for answers for CC. She has all the time in the world for her scouting.

IMG_4203.jpeg

IMG_4206.jpeg

Update...Yes it is a YC logo item. I asked sales clerk if there were any more YC logo items for sale. He didn't know he was just a temporary sales clerk. One has to catch the sales manager to get a knowledgeable answer. Will try tomorrow.

IMG_4207.jpeg

• Like 1

The difference between our YC Island/White Night Party and the White Party on Marina Deck is ours is catered. Not as elaborate as years past. But one has every butler on deck running for drinks. We left before the Conga Line to catch a set of the BBJazz Quartet in the Loft Cafe. Glad we did, Carol the female vocalist was outstanding. DW commented how she thought this group and vocalist were just as good as Bruno Vincenza and the Jazz Quartet now playing the Brooklyn Cafe on the Seashore.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Here is 'The Gang' preparing the festivities for the Island Party.

I just finished packing my suitcase and I have not one but two of my Hawaiian shirts so I am sure I'll be rocking one of them this time next week. 

Edited by DaKahuna
  • Like 3

We skipped Guinness World Records that took over last nights prime time in Le Cabaret Rouge and opted for the Latin Trio in the Uptown Lounge. All the most popular latin favorites like "Oye Como Va" by Santana. Not well attended by English speakers only, we were the only ones. They performed for the 45 minutes we needed to fill for the evening before the Island Party on the One Pool Deck. Left the Island Party to catch a set of BB Jazz Quartet in Loft which was very well attended and for the first time this cruise many got up and danced while the group performed.

• Like 4