Carnival Magic: Booked Our First Spa Cabin!

So excited to be back in the saddle with a cruise planned (we did a Universal Studios trip this summer instead of a cruise).

Back when we were planning our first cruise, in the fall of 2013, everyone here was raving about the new Dream Class ships, and sailing one became a bucket list item for me (we sailed the Fascination).

This is also our first spa cabin! We didn't want to squeeze the five of us in a deluxe ocean view on deck 1.  At first it was between connecting (or at least adjoining) ocean views or a cove balcony and an interior- for $350 less than the two ocean views. We were going to go with the cove/interior. We really enjoyed the cove in the family harbor suite on the Horizon.

As I already spoiled the end, you must realize I upsold us to the spa balcony/interior.  After reading how nice the Dream class spas were, I realized that moving to the spa cabins would be under $100 more than the cove/interior + 3 spa passes. And, deck 11 vs. under the galley or dining room? Sold!

So, a few spa questions:

1. When we go to use the spa, how does the check in process work?

2. Is the spa open on embarkation day at all?

3. I noticed that when building the Magic, they completely redesigned the spa area from the Dream in order to add an extra dozen or so spa cabins, and making Deck 14 forward just spa to make up for the lost space, instead of split between spa and serenity. Which spa design is better? Or, is there no real difference?

Have only stayed in the Breeze and Magic spa balcony's, so cannot compare to the Dream (but I will be able to come December).  But looking at the deck plans, it seems to me the Breeze and Magic have a better flow from the T-Pool to the Saunas...no need to go out into a hallway to do that.  Dream deck plan gives me the impression you will be walking across the hallway area...so assume a constant wet floor in that area.   Our last 3-4 cruises were on the Breeze, and they did not give out bracelets (like the Magic did back in the mid 2010's), but rather put a little sticker on your S&S card (suggest going to the spa early on the first day).  From then on, you just surrender your S&S card to the Spa staff and retrieve it when you leave (I can see how this is better than a bracelet).  We would cruise with our two sons....we took the Spa Balcony and the kids had the Spa interior right across the hall.  Worked out great.  Given the limited number of cabins and being far away from the so called "action", we find the rooms and hallways to be very quiet.  Also much prefer to be high and near the front of the ship.  Anymore, if I am not crusing on a Dream Class in a Spa Balcony...I am not cruising.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Badfinger said:

Have only stayed in the Breeze and Magic spa balcony's, so cannot compare to the Dream (but I will be able to come December).  But looking at the deck plans, it seems to me the Breeze and Magic have a better flow from the T-Pool to the Saunas...no need to go out into a hallway to do that.  Dream deck plan gives me the impression you will be walking across the hallway area...so assume a constant wet floor in that area.   Our last 3-4 cruises were on the Breeze, and they did not give out bracelets (like the Magic did back in the mid 2010's), but rather put a little sticker on your S&S card (suggest going to the spa early on the first day).  From then on, you just surrender your S&S card to the Spa staff and retrieve it when you leave (I can see how this is better than a bracelet).  We would cruise with our two sons....we took the Spa Balcony and the kids had the Spa interior right across the hall.  Worked out great.  Given the limited number of cabins and being far away from the so called "action", we find the rooms and hallways to be very quiet.  Also much prefer to be high and near the front of the ship.  Anymore, if I am not crusing on a Dream Class in a Spa Balcony...I am not cruising.

We'll actually be on the Magic.  But, I would love to read your firsthand impressions of the differences come December!

So far, our favorite ship that we've been on is the Pride.  Looking at the deck plans, it seems the Magic has most of what we liked so much about the Pride's layout (though nothing like the Pride's Sunset Garden). However, add in the spa areas we are so looking forward to, and Magic might be our new favorite.

I've read about the area of the spa with tea and fruited water, but I don't see it on the deck plan.  Is that on Deck 14 near the spa elevator?

5 hours ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

We'll actually be on the Magic.  But, I would love to read your firsthand impressions of the differences come December!

So far, our favorite ship that we've been on is the Pride.  Looking at the deck plans, it seems the Magic has most of what we liked so much about the Pride's layout (though nothing like the Pride's Sunset Garden). However, add in the spa areas we are so looking forward to, and Magic might be our new favorite.

I've read about the area of the spa with tea and fruited water, but I don't see it on the deck plan.  Is that on Deck 14 near the spa elevator?

The tea and water is in the area where people wait for their spa appointments.  It is between the elevator/staircase and very front of the deck when looking at the deck plans. It doesn't look like much on the deck plans, but it is a decent area to relax (padded chairs/benches).  There are windows in the front (but the views can be blocked by the structure of the ship and/or blinds they have in there).    The fruited water is just some slices of oranges or lemons with water and ice in a glass water dispenser.  I would be just as happy if there was no fruit!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, straitlover1965 said:

Are they both spa cabins? If you have 5 people, only 4 will get spa bracelets (2 per cabin), as long as they are adults I believe. I am booked in a spa balcony on Magic, but not until April, so can't wait!

They are both spa cabins, across the hall from each other.  Of the 3 kids, only 1 is 18+, so we'll get 3 spa passes (the three "adults" are NOT listed in the same cabin).  I realize we're essentially paying for 4, but booking the cove/interior plus paying for 3 spa passes came to about the same as booking the 2 spa cabins (within $100), but spa cabins are in a much more preferable location.