August 2025 Med cruise port switch

Travelswithmycamera

Just received an email indicating our Chioggia port departure Aug. 2025  is now switched to the newly opened Fusina port in Venice.  I was looking forward to spending a day or so in Chioggia prior to our cruise.  Now I will rethink our pre cruise plans.  Too soon to ask for reviews of embarkation from this port but will hopefully get good reports from cruisers over the next few months.  I am assuming if I spend a day or so in Venice, Azamara still provides a transfer to the ship.  Good luck everyone!

6A64DA4C-6329-44CE-8723-3C152E85C56B_1_201_a.jpeg

For both Chioggia and Ravenna, Azamara had offered transportation from both the city and airport the day of embarkation, so I imagine they will for Fusina too. You should be able to see it in Manage My Reservation on the online site. I’ve used it several times. It may fill, so I’d suggest booking early.

Melissa

We are cruising May 10, 2025 on Azamara Journey and we received our Change of Port notice today from Chioggia to Fusina.  So far, I only see a transfer from Venice Marco Polo Airport to Fusina Port.

Hopefully,more options will open up.

• Like 2

We embarked at Fusina on the Pursuit on Sunday, Sept. 8.  I believe we might have been the first Azamara ship leaving from the new port but can’t say for sure.  The new port is very modern and embarkation was very easy but it is in a very industrial area.  We stayed in a hotel in Mestre and used Welcome Pickups for our transfer to the port and it was seamless.  It was may not be economical for a party of 2, but we had 6 in our party and it was great.

• Like 5