Onboard future booking perks

Elsie70

56 minutes ago, Elsie70 said:

I am cruising next month. Is there an advantage to booking while onboard? How much deposit is required? Thanks.

They are still running the $25 pp down payment promotion. In addition you get 6 month PIF. Depending on the length of the cruise you book, you will receive an OBC for your current cruise and future cruise. There will also be a discount on price. In addition, you CAN use an applicable promo code. They can’t give you a code so be sure to check out the Promo thread on this board to see if any apply.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

They are still running the $25 pp down payment promotion. In addition you get 6 month PIF. Depending on the length of the cruise you book, you will receive an OBC for your current cruise and future cruise. There will also be a discount on price. In addition, you CAN use an applicable promo code. They can’t give you a code so be sure to check out the Promo thread on this board to see if any apply.

3 minutes ago, Elsie70 said:

Thanks for the information. Do you know how long the $25 deposit promo run for?

It was originally started last year to celebrate Viking’s 25th anniversary and they have kept it. Seems like it’s really successful so they are keeping it for now.

Edited by OneSixtyToOne
  • Like 1

On 9/13/2024 at 10:16 PM, Elsie70 said:

I am cruising next month. Is there an advantage to booking while onboard? How much deposit is required? Thanks.

Let's see, I actually did book onboard last cruise and it was...

1. Either $100 or $200 pp instant OBC (I think $100 pp), I could be wrong tho.

2. fixed discounts for length of sailing (e.g. days on ship, not total tour length),  at several different lengths.

3. Your booking is fully transferable to your TA.

So, if you're sailing soon and have an itinerary in mind, best to hold off.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if you can use a promo code along with the onboard booking program that Viking has made available for people sailing within 14 days.to travel agents?

54 minutes ago, PaulS said:

Does anyone know if you can use a promo code along with the onboard booking program that Viking has made available for people sailing within 14 days.to travel agents?

That code is in lieu of booking aboard. They are essentially the same promotion.