Returning to Explora 1 after almost a year

uktog

47 minutes ago, cruisr said:

Some people like to share their opinions.  I welcome all opinions and views on a cruise.  you may see posts as complaining I see it as people taking time out from their holiday to report on their perceptions.  I appreciate that.

100% agree!

uktog crafts well written and considered reviews that are anything but mean spirited.    She has been on other cruise lines and is able to contrast and compare based on her experiences. As I've said before, it's called cruisecritic, not cruisesycophant! 

Just as everything isn't all doom and gloom, it's usually not sunshine and lollipops either.

By writing a comprehensive review while taking valuable time out of her vacation, we get her thoughts as things unfold.  She also follows up her initial impressions with a reassessment at the end.

What more could you ask for?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I’m not complaining but I’m not home yet 🥲

We had a beautiful three days down at Cape Sounio (about an hour from Piraeus) thoroughly recommend for some chill down time. Beautiful sunbeds on the beach,

F16C208A-38E2-475D-8285-1A9A905C2A82.thumb.jpeg.d9d8cabffd2f2a1b0f421646ec0bdf61.jpeg

view of the temple which is about 20 minutes walk away and is stunning day and night

IMG_6982.thumb.jpeg.119ac87899c07566ff3025135777efa7.jpeg

IMG_7014.thumb.jpeg.8fa66b536b04f4ed45be6a44effc9869.jpeg

renowned sunsets 

IMG_6994.thumb.jpeg.a93871b3d83a4af3ec074c7f8fcbfd0e.jpeg

and an excellent restaurant 

IMG_7046.thumb.jpeg.5289931e0e35b3696bf8ab14df9f928e.jpeg

The hotel organised all our taxis. On the way to the airport we had a wonderful driver who had studied in the UK spoke perfect English and was a history buff so we learned a lot about the silver mining which was the original source of Grecian wealth. 

And then a 90 minute flight delay (so we knew we’d have problems aa we only had 2.5 hours at Heathrow) became the least of our issues!

A faulty plane could not be fixed so the flight was cancelled with no assistance given other than find your own hotel and we pay you back. I’m not sure what was happening in Athens but finding a hotel wasn’t easy. Luckily as a BA gold travelling in business we got rescued and put up by BA in the Marriott 

Now we have to hope today’s flight is ok. They’ve rebooked us on an even tighter connection but we will take each step at a time. 

For now we are speeding back to the airport- speed not needed or our choice - in a taxi being driven by the drivers knees as he chats on his phone and enjoys his breakfast. Yes I’m complaining about Greek taxi drivers sorry! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1