Queen Anne World Cruise 2026 segments: not available to book in Australia?

lahore

Hi.  We are keen on doing QA Perth to Cape Town in 2026 which is a component of her World Cruise.  I can see it available to book on multiple USA-based cruise sellers but not in Australia.  Anyone know anything about this please?

Hi,  We are booked on Queen Anne Freo to Southampton for 2026 and have noticed this and concerned checked the Cunard site which shows nothing for Queen Anne from early January to end April which is the World Cruise.  I wondered if it was because they are changing the itinerary to avoid Suez Canal and Red Sea.  I checked with my travel agent and he has nothing about any changes so fingers crossed it is just a glitch.  Maybe ring an agent here and see if you can book.  We have booked further travel from the UK so everything is dependent on our start on QA.

3 hours ago, Witchymob said:

Hi,  We are booked on Queen Anne Freo to Southampton for 2026 and have noticed this and concerned checked the Cunard site which shows nothing for Queen Anne from early January to end April which is the World Cruise.  I wondered if it was because they are changing the itinerary to avoid Suez Canal and Red Sea.  I checked with my travel agent and he has nothing about any changes so fingers crossed it is just a glitch.  Maybe ring an agent here and see if you can book.  We have booked further travel from the UK so everything is dependent on our start on QA.

Thanks for replying.  It's weird right?  I actually phoned Cunard, and the Philippine-based respondent just lied, or at the very least contradicted herself. First she said the itinerary wasn't out yet (yeah right, I'm not that stupid) then she confessed that it indeed was not available in Australia but "might be released around December".   I asked why, given that all the good cabins would be gone by then, she had no answer.    How did you book, may I ask?  I really don't like to use agents but I may have to make an exception.  I don't mean the name of your agent, I don't think that's allowed on here....but did you use one and when did you book if you don't mind me asking. 

I checked Cunard's page and it is not there either.  It is still on my personaliser as a booked cruise.  I booked in March when it was first released I get emails from Cunard as a member of their World Club and I booked with an agent.  I have contacted him and he has heard nothing about any changes or it no longer being available, if it was booked out the website usually says so.  Maybe ring one of the well known agents in your area and make an enquiry and see what they say.

22 hours ago, Witchymob said:

I checked Cunard's page and it is not there either.  It is still on my personaliser as a booked cruise.  I booked in March when it was first released I get emails from Cunard as a member of their World Club and I booked with an agent.  I have contacted him and he has heard nothing about any changes or it no longer being available, if it was booked out the website usually says so.  Maybe ring one of the well known agents in your area and make an enquiry and see what they say.

Hi, thanks for the response. I phoned a couple of Aussie agents and they can't book it, apparently it's showing as 'waitlisted' on all categories.  I am going to book through an agent I know in USA.  I need an accessible cabin and there are only two left, so I don't want to wait.  I can't see it not going ahead as it doesn't look like the situation around the Red Sea/Israel is improving: quite the opposite.  But these days one can never be sure with any cruise.  I'm happy enough to pay the deposit for now.

Edited by lahore

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

We are booked on this cruise from Hong Kong. My husband really really want to cruise around Australia and wonders whether we can cancel the cruise without penalty. Any ideas? Our travel agent just said ‘we will cross that bridge when we come to it’. So we probably want to cancel this cruise and not book anything until things settle down in the Middle East.

Edited by SERAPHIMIN
More to write

47 minutes ago, SERAPHIMIN said:

We are booked on this cruise from Hong Kong. My husband really really want to cruise around Australia and wonders whether we can cancel the cruise without penalty. Any ideas? Our travel agent just said ‘we will cross that bridge when we come to it’. So we probably want to cancel this cruise and not book anything until things settle down in the Middle East.

I would review your options based on Cunard's cancellation policy: https://www.cunard.com/en-gb/contact-us/travel-health-advisories/flexible-cancellation-policy