RCI vs. Princess for Med. Help!

mg214

My finace and I are looking to take a Mediterranean cruise for our honeymoon and have been looking at RCI and Princess because their 14-day itineraries have 5 sea days and we'd like to be able to relax and not have the trip be as port-intensive. Both lines have a similar itinerary on the NOS and the Sea Princess so basically the decision comes down to the ships. Anyone have any recommendations? Thanks!

That is tough. We have done 14 cruises on RCL (including several in Europe) and 13 on Princess (including Europe and Asia). We have also cruised on 9 other cruise lines, so I guess we have some basis for comparison. We would have no problem with either ship. There are pros can cons to each vessel and some of that is really based on personal taste. You might want to just opt for the best price. One big difference is the size and feel of the vessels. NOS is a huge ship, which to me feels like being in a Hyatt Regency Hotel. The Sea Princess is somewhat smaller (still very large) and feels more like a typcial cruise ship. My wife would normally opt for the Sea Princess because she thinks the Voyager Class (NOS) ships are just too big. Others would always go for the big ship (they think size is everything :) ).

Hank

Archived