Fort Lauderdale Disembarkation Experience / Transfer to MIA

cameroncrazy171

I've only cruised out of Miami and never Fort Lauderdale.  I know disembarkation is pretty smooth in Miami.  I was just wondering how long it takes to get off the ship if you're carrying your own bags in FL.  

The related issue is:  I can save $400 by flying out of MIA at 11:55 am vs flying out of Fort Lauderdale at basically the exact same time.  I never like to push it when it comes to early flights as some people are known to do, but $400 is $400.  I'm guessing that if we carry our luggage off, with minimal Sunday morning traffic, we should be just fine, but I thought I'd check that with the group.

Last thing:  would pre-booking an Uber be the best call here to get to MIA?  We can always do taxi I guess as well.  For more context, we will be on Oasis of the Seas and we're scheduled to arrive at 6 am in FL.

Thanks.  

depends on the cruise line, but in June we sailed out of Port Everglades, but flew back from MIA at 1:30.  We leisurely walked off (5 of us) around 9:30 am, collected our luggage, got an uber and were at the MIA airport around 11. If you walk off before 8, I am sure you will be there a lot sooner.

If you’re flying internationally, where you are clearing customs and immigration makes a huge difference in the amount of time needed to depart. If you are flying directly to Toronto, you will likely clear on arrival to Canada. If flying elsewhere, your mileage may vary.

I find that disembarking ships and planes are both easier in Lauderdale than Miami. We’ve never waited more than 2 minutes to clear returning from a cruise. It’s taken longer for me since they went to facial recognition because of my posture.

• Like 1