Veteran Specialty Dining Question - family of 5 (but one under 12)

txcfa

I thought this was likely covered somewhere, but I could not find an answer so apologies if this is annoyingly redundant.

Our family of 5 is on one of the NCL Encore xmas cruises and have reservations, but trying to decide how many specialty dining credits to get.

We will do at least four meals -- Onda, Teppanyaki, Le Bistro, Food Republic (Onda/Le Bistro might tweak, but other two definitely sticking).

I 'think' we can likely feed all of us with 4 credits at Onda and Le Bistro.   Teppanyaki we would need 5, as our youngest will definitely want to order off the adult menu, and the way Food Republic works, we can definitely get away with using 4 there.   Would it be permissible for us to get each of our kids 3 specialty credits (my wife and I have 4 through FAS+ for each of us).   That way we could have 5 for Teppanyaki and 4 at the other restaurants and plan to share the 4 "meals" with the 5 of us at Onda and LeBistro.   Thought it might work with our youngest under 12 that sharing easier to be permitted, but thought I would ask.

Any other tips/tricks for situations like this ?

I think that most of us (long-time NCL cruisers) are hesitant to honestly give an answer to your

post.

NCL seems, currently, to be working on changing the way ($ friendly) any of us will be able to order.  Therefore, no matter what we might tell you "my experience has been...", your family's experience might be polar opposite.

My best suggestion is either discuss with someone at NCL (or your TA) and, also go on your cruise with an open mind, expect the least-favorable-to-your situation, and pray that "gg was WRONG!"

25 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

My best suggestion is either discuss with someone at NCL (or your TA) and, also go on your cruise with an open mind, expect the least-favorable-to-your situation, and pray that "gg was WRONG!"

Yeah, it seems to be prepared for anything and assume the worst.   I didn't think shoreside NCL would be much help and/or not give me anything of use in case the restaurant mgr balks on ship, or doesn't honor.   I think I'll check with Haven concierge first thing on arrival.

My thought was that if he qualifies for the kids meal, but doesn't eat anything off it, or just desert, NCL should not really have a problem with the 5 of us sharing 4 credits, but we will see when we get there.   

22 minutes ago, txcfa said:

Yeah, it seems to be prepared for anything and assume the worst.   I didn't think shoreside NCL would be much help and/or not give me anything of use in case the restaurant mgr balks on ship, or doesn't honor.   I think I'll check with Haven concierge first thing on arrival.

My thought was that if he qualifies for the kids meal, but doesn't eat anything off it, or just desert, NCL should not really have a problem with the 5 of us sharing 4 credits, but we will see when we get there.   

Hopefully, everything works-out easily. I wish you and your family the best!