Just back! Our AZA-tastic 7 day France Intensive cruise aboard the Azamara Quest! September 21 - 28, 2024

Sleep7

Marseilles is one of my favorite ports!  So much to do and see and shop.  What an interesting and vibrant city.

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1Qw1g2VCMZY6I3MHI37lo6oKwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1727610260

Petit Bateau carries beautiful cotton clothing for infants to adults.

A great place to shop for new grandchildren too.. right BB?🛍️💗💙

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1RWvXpgn_f-eq4Hq7E3iFahUnDnu4gHHWpfyYq5WwzmNg?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1727610272

And Nespresso capsules which are half the price of buying them in the USA.

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1Srh7-nlAGp3yroWnnRhPBNqCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1727610290

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1RaxjDcRTVQHSEiMUF9WpMFVZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1727610289

Speaking of shopping.. I bought this bag on the ship with our oodles of OBC.  It's very lightweight, and a great size with tons of convenient pockets.

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1T2pU6M8_cMqfC-i4yqY_wMqCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1727610269

Inflation has hit Marseilles..

At Pizza Charly  a slice used to be one euro.. then on our last visit it was up to 1.50 euro and now it's 2 euros a slice.  Delicious and fresh and worth every penny!🍕

Also newly opened is a pizzeria right next door.

For all you "Curb Your Enthusiasm" fans.. it's a pizza spite store! 😆

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1RQ_TtGdHdEkYkdEvNjcVAqV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1727610264

6 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

DW, who had her head shaved for cranioplasty to smooth a previous surgery, said she hopes you have a hat. If you’re not used to short hair, you may get burned before you know it. 

Oh yes!!  Thanks Jazzbeau!

Please tell your sweet wife that I did bring mulitple hats with me and was very meticulous about wearing them in the sun.  I have heard that a newly bald scalp is very sensitive and burns easily.

• Like 1

It started to rain as we hustled back to the ship.  Besides doorway pix I like carousel pix too!

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1QRlGUeEGeTZTxvjlnaOO7L4xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1727610286

The line at the little train had shrunk considerably.

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1ROBigUAfrimEN3Ntuv-2HtKwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1727610286

At 5:30 was the cocktail party in the Cabaret Lounge.

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1TPhlJkJFHC8ZakuBls99-MqCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1727610303

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1TbS_M7mX1pVftYoE3QYpOSKwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1727610299

Cruise Director Martin Lawson was the master of ceremonies.

He is perfect for the job.. friendly, charming and funny!

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1RovlLxeUQ53DDf0wz8vuTsqCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1727610307

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Sleep7 said:

Tea time at 3:00 on a rolling cart.🫖

The smiles as warm as the tea.

I am loving your report.

It is definitely helping me cope with the 285-day wait until we board Quest.

Could you tell us a bit more about tea time as I did not see it listed in The Insider?

Is this served in the stateroom or in a particular venue?

Thank you!!🙏😀

2 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

Oh I was so excited to see a @Sleep7 review again!!  You have the best reviews!  I hope you had a great time! Best wishes for many continued trips ahead! 

🙋‍♀️Hi takemewithyou!

Thanks so much for the wonderful compliments and the sweet and happy health wishes too.

I'm very touched.💗

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

I am loving your report.

It is definitely helping me cope with the 285-day wait until we board Quest.

Could you tell us a bit more about tea time as I did not see it listed in The Insider?

Is this served in the stateroom or in a particular venue?

Thank you!!🙏😀

👋Hi Stem to Stern!

So glad that you are enjoying my posts.  It's wonderful for me to think back on last week too!

The tea time trolley was I think only for the suites.  As I said we have never stayed in one before and this is one of the perks.  Tea and pastries/sandwiches are also served in the Living Room (home of our disastrous trivia attempts!🤣) from 2:30 to 5:00 and the Mosaic Cafe all day.🫖

• Like 2

Really enjoying your review. We are on Quest in November so it’s gr eat to get a preview! We’ve been travelling with Azamara for a long time and been on all the other ships but this will be our first trip on Quest. Thank you for taking the time. 

8 hours ago, Sleep7 said:

👋Hi Stem to Stern!

So glad that you are enjoying my posts.  It's wonderful for me to think back on last week too!

The tea time trolley was I think only for the suites.  As I said we have never stayed in one before and this is one of the perks.  Tea and pastries/sandwiches are also served in the Living Room (home of our disastrous trivia attempts!🤣) from 2:30 to 5:00 and the Mosaic Cafe all day.🫖

I am so enjoying your review and wish you all of the best for your health.  I also think you look fabulous!

My husband and I join the Quest on October 10th in Suite 8070!!! I was soooo excited to see your pics. We have never cruised with Azamara before although have cruised quite a bit with other lines.

Are there any tips you can share with us? Should we try to book the Speciality Restaurants most nights or are the buffet and main dining room also good? 

How are you finding the suite? I had read it could be very noisy from Windows Cafe?

When do you find out when the  White Night Party is?

Any tips that could enhance our first experience would be hugely appreciated. 

Thank you for thus fabulous review. 

image.thumb.jpeg.5b645780e5fa600d207808c7ff469f0b.jpeg

16 minutes ago, LoveChops said:

I am so enjoying your review and wish you all of the best for your health.  I also think you look fabulous!

My husband and I join the Quest on October 10th in Suite 8070!!! I was soooo excited to see your pics. We have never cruised with Azamara before although have cruised quite a bit with other lines.

Are there any tips you can share with us? Should we try to book the Speciality Restaurants most nights or are the buffet and main dining room also good? 

How are you finding the suite? I had read it could be very noisy from Windows Cafe?

I stayed in 8070 on Quest. It was allocated to me as a suite GTY. Problem is the cabin is directly below the non carpeted bussing station for Windows Cafe. Guest Relations didn't believe me and said it was carpeted, so I went up there and took a photo. They moved me to another suite that was fortunately available. 

Phil 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, tgg said:

My husband and I are enjoying your wonderful pictures of so many of our favorite ports. Great memories!

Thanks for posting.

Hair or none, you look fantastic.

👋Good morning tgg!

Oh I'm so glad you and your husband are enjoying the pix.. these ports never get old that's for sure.😊

Thanks also about the hair (or lack of) compliment.. it so very sweet of you and I appreciate it.💗

2 hours ago, tiggertom said:

Really enjoying your review. We are on Quest in November so it’s gr eat to get a preview! We’ve been travelling with Azamara for a long time and been on all the other ships but this will be our first trip on Quest. Thank you for taking the time. 

👋Good morning tiggertom! 

Oh lucky you!! Your cruise is coming up so soon!

So glad that you are enjoying my review.

Have the best time ever in November!!😊

2 hours ago, LoveChops said:

👋Good morning LoveChops!

What a funny coincidence that you are staying in 8070! I loved the cabin! It's so easy to find.. the last one on the right.😊

Before we had left I did read reviews that said it was noisy because of the location under Windows Cafe bus station as Phil showed.  I tried to change it but since the ship was sold out I couldn't.

Turned out that the scraping noises which I found few and far between didn't bother me at all.. and I'm somebody that if somebody is crunching on popcorn loudly in movie I want to strangle them!😉

I found 8070 to be perfect!  And Mark and Robert I'm assuming will still be working in 10 days are the nicest.  Please tell them we say hello.

You will just love Azamara! Each day is better than the next until it's time to go home.

As I always say it's the perfect mix of fancy and down to earth.  The nicest crew and the nicest passengers too.  Amazing food and plentiful drinks and such a warm "at home" feeling while you are sailing.

The White Night is usually around the middle of the week and they will let you know when you fet on board.  Same with the Azamara evening too.

Have the BEST time ever!!!  Any more questions please feel free to ask.. I'm always happy to answer and there are also a lot of way more seasoned Azamara fans on this board that will be happy to answer too.

Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!!

Oh! P.S. Thank you for the well wishes and your kind words. I truly appreciate them.💗

Edited by Sleep7
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

image.thumb.jpeg.5b645780e5fa600d207808c7ff469f0b.jpeg

I stayed in 8070 on Quest. It was allocated to me as a suite GTY. Problem is the cabin is directly below the non carpeted bussing station for Windows Cafe. Guest Relations didn't believe me and said it was carpeted, so I went up there and took a photo. They moved me to another suite that was fortunately available. 

Phil 

👋Hi Phil!

I totally expected to be bothered by the noise but I found the scraping (like furniture moving?) to be very few and far between.  As I said above I'm usually somebody who is really bugged by noise but I didn't find it annoying.  Maybe I have mellowed in my older age.. 👵😁

Nice to hear from you!  I read your posts all the time.

• Thanks 1

Oh hold on!!  Day 4 isn't over yet.  Jet lag makes for a fuzzy mind.🤪

So we decided to have dinner in the main dining room and it was delicious but.. we didn't realize what we missed up on the pool deck!  More on that later.

First our dinner at Discoveries.. a classic.

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1S_gqr-G66YQCYiOM3b3V9RKwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1727610304

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1Tu2GdWEqwEMiy_eQ9TZAa04xJ2Twu75QF_jizMkB1ZdA?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1727610304

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1SYgX1u4lejksdQxIf41d7OVZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1727610303

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1QHSiQctJ3v0v5MJpMOEx0TV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1727610302

After dinner we wandered up to the Pool Deck and saw what we had missed!

The destination immersion "Taste of France" buffet looked AMAZING!  It was like a mini white night.

Ah well.. didn't have room for a second dinner so we just admired the offerings.😍

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1REMB3gJlguM2GwHp1sB0qaV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1727610311

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1StGI0dSuq6_kRdZhmY1mceqCe7ffHDJpwno-pEcjtJnw?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1727610316

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1RFnXM3xHNowVX5hQ-7V46PVZV51t4MhjbEwRNyGscOgg?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1727610325

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1RiAevxgAuKVfyBfMZ9kjvRaAUrgnwgvQnZ_1RWb7NZPA?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1727610324

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1QiztqfD2Z1KVjxzh1-U46CV7ntXQOewWgszVPDOQPWWw?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1727610321

00-82qzCefrjPOP0EP8W0X1Ip5oRj-16P8b-K8ijSg6I1Sy-QD0oGkVdm_PqtFe246IKwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=large&ts=1727610320

• Like 1