Question on Serenity Sapphire Suites

Just2guys

In looking at a 2025 Serenity sailing, it appears there are 3 kinds of Sapphire Suites --- Classic, Redesigned 2018, and Redesigned 2023.  I have seen pictures of all 3 and trying to decide which we might prefer.

For those that have maybe stayed in any of these, could you tell me what the pros / cons were regarding the different suites, what you liked / did not like about them, etc.  Also, are there a variety of all 3 on various decks or are some more forward, midship, aft, etc.

Thanks for any input you could provide.

You can determine which Sapphire Suite is from what year by going to the deck plan. On a computer just put your curser over each room to determine what year it represents. On other decides click on the room.

Link takes you to the Serenity deck plan.

https://www.crystalcruises.com/ship/serenity

WIth that said this should help:

Deck 11 should be al Classic.

Deck 10 are two which were redesigned in 2018 and were the former Seabreeze ones.  

Decks 9 and 8 were all created in 2023.

I've only stayed in the Classic ones on Serenity and have visited the redesigned ones.

I will defer to others who have stayed in more than one of the three categories for comparisons.

I can compare classic Aquamarine to Sapphire easily but that is not your question so I won't do that.

Keith

We've booked one of the 2 Serenity  2018 Sapphire suites for our first cruise with new Crystal next year. So, no actual experience of the three configurations.

However, after studying the three floor plans and reading this board, I picked the 2018 for the following reasons: 1) we do not care about a bath tub (which the Classic have, but not the 2018 or 2023); 2) the walk in closet adjoins the bathroom; 3) the makeup area is  in the closet and separate from the living area; 4) we seldom eat in our cabin so a dining table is not a priority. Hopefully, these conclusions based on the floor plans are correct!

Essentially, the 2018 looked closest in layout to (albeit smaller than) the Silversea Silver Suites, which are our favorite suites.

I forgot one of the main things that made us choose the 2018. It looks like the toilet is in a room that can be independently accessed and closed off from the rest of the bathroom. We love this feature in the Silversea Silver Suite, although I suspect in the 2018 Sapphire it will feel much tighter. We were recently on the Endeavour and I'm guessing the toilet area in the 2018 is similar to the configuration there. On that ship the sliding door would open and close  as the ship moved unless it was closed and locked. Do the Serenity 2018 Sapphire suites have the same issue?

Would love feedback about this feature from anyone who has stayed in a 2018 Sapphire Suite!

I believe that there are only 2 Sapphire Suites on Serenity that were created in 2018: #10104 & #10105. They are a rare breed. We've been on Serenity several times since these two suites were created, and they have never been shown during any of the "open house" tours on voyages that we sailed. Either both suites were occupied, or for whatever reason, they were not open on tour.

FWIW, we have sailed in the 2018 version of the Aquamarine suites. Those suites have a sliding closet door. I can't comment on the efficiency of the door mechanism in that suite, because we kept the sliding door in its open and secured position the entire cruise.

Rob

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone know if there is a lounger on the balcony?  The diagram on the website shows there is one but some reviews suggest there is not.  I truly hope there is at least one. 

31 minutes ago, ggo85 said:

Does anyone know if there is a lounger on the balcony?  The diagram on the website shows there is one but some reviews suggest there is not.  I truly hope there is at least one. 

Loungers are not standard equipment on balconies. It’s generally only chairs and footstools. Loungers are usually available on request. Ask your butler if you desire this additional piece of furniture on your balcony.

Rob

47 minutes ago, ggo85 said:

I would just add to what Rob said it's much easier to request this before your board. Ask your TA to write to on board guest services with this request or you can contact them yourself atobgs@crystalcruises.com

Keith