NCL Bait and Switch

kcjonesy

19 hours ago, mad as heck said:

Why do we book again; cause NCL has sold us credits to use on other cruises.  And then hopefully, I'll get the rest of my payment (as a credit), so I am forced to continue to use NCL to use up my credits.  I will find a way and then no more NCL for me! 

If the credits to which you are referring as NCL having sold to you are Cruise Next Credits, formerly called Cruise Next Deposits or Cruise Next Certificates, then those are fully transferable.  NCL specifies that they are not to be sold, but there is a rather active resale market for them on several social media websites.  If you don't want to sail with NCL again, you can just sell your credits and move on.  CNCs cost $125 for a $250 credit.  You may expect to find a buyer at a price of $100, but probably not for much more than the $125 you actually paid.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, The Traveling Man said:

If the credits to which you are referring as NCL having sold to you are Cruise Next Credits, formerly called Cruise Next Deposits or Cruise Next Certificates, then those are fully transferable.  NCL specifies that they are not to be sold, but there is a rather active resale market for them on several social media websites.  If you don't want to sail with NCL again, you can just sell your credits and move on.  CNCs cost $125 for a $250 credit.  You may expect to find a buyer at a price of $100, but probably not for much more than the $125 you actually paid.

And they used to expire but NCL extended it to 2099 or something like that, so effectively they never expire. @mad as heck can definitely unload those if he/she is done with NCL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, luv2kroooz said:

Ask a lawyer.  I would imagine through records subpoenas.

I have no idea. Probably never been litigated. Never been an issue with other lines

And yet, in your posts, you seem certain that NCL's actions rise to the level of (legal) misconduct and/or negligence.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChiCruzr said:

And yet, in your posts, you seem certain that NCL's actions rise to the level of (legal) misconduct and/or negligence.  

Sorry you have misinterpreted my posts. To clarify, I dont have access to information to know. What I have said clearly and consistently is that port authorities, tour operators, NCL have information that would substantiate the timing of when vendors were informed versus when paying passengers and prospective guests were informed of itinerary changes. Ive also said negligence and misconduct can not be disclaimed in a contract.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The Traveling Man said:

18 minutes ago, mad as heck said:

How  do you sell them?  I'd like to be done with NCL

The rules for posting on Cruise Critic forbid specific mention of certain things including the specific forum where CNCs can be sold.  If you ask Mr. Google about "selling NCL cruise next certificates", however, he will tell you to bury your Face in a Book where you can learn all the details.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5