Roll Call - one exists for B2B, start for individual sailing or not?

I understand how Roll Calls work and that you'd only want one per sailing. However, when I search for mine, there is one for the date, but as part of a B2B cruise posting (e g., "May 1 - 15, b2b" when I'm on the May 1-8 sailing).

So in that case, do I join that RC or start a separate?

I couldn't find help on this specific situation, sorry if it's just my searching skills!

I would join the existing B2B roll call since you are on the first part.  However, if your cruise was the second part I would start a separate roll call, as others on on,y the second part might not realize that it could include them…especially those new to roll calls.  In my personal opinion the roll call starter should have titles the roll call as May 1-8 & May 8-15 B2B.  EM

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, rcmaheather said:

I understand how Roll Calls work and that you'd only want one per sailing. However, when I search for mine, there is one for the date, but as part of a B2B cruise posting (e g., "May 1 - 15, b2b" when I'm on the May 1-8 sailing).

So in that case, do I join that RC or start a separate?

I couldn't find help on this specific situation, sorry if it's just my searching skills!

Hello @rcmaheather

You are correct. There should be a Roll Call for each sail date.  Please note the following portion from How To: Create A New Roll Call:

• We do request 1 roll call per sailing date.  This can become a bit confusing when cruise lines sell sailings multiple ways.  In those cases we prefer that each segment have its own roll call, instead of roll calls that span over multiple segments.

In order to make the Roll Calls and the associated get-togethers during each cruise such as Sailaway, Cabin or Pub Crawls, Meet & Mingles, the sharing of private tours, excursions or transportation with each other or any other type of gatherings for Cruise Critic members sailing the same cruise work for everyone - those booked on each segment and those booked on multiple segments - we suggest that each segment have its own roll call. That way everyone is communicating everything in a single thread. Also, our Cruise Critic members do not have to go through post after post that has nothing to do with their cruise. It causes unneeded confusion.

I suggest you do start a new Roll Call just for your cruise sail dates. Then post the link in the other thread for those only sailing your sail dates and invite them to join you in the new Roll Call.

Hope this will be helpful!

Host Kat