Comparing cabin sizes between Viking and Holland America

Steerpike58

We've now sailed on Viking Ocean (multiple ships) and Holland America (Oosterdam).

The Holland America cruise was much cheaper so we chose a bigger cabin (Signature Suite) (and loved it), but now we are back to looking at Viking Ocean (so much else about HA was not as good), and we are trying to compare cabin sizes so we can better evaluate whether it's worth it to upgrade to the Penthouse Veranda (we've always had the 'Deluxe Veranda' on Viking which is 'small but manageable'). 

The website 'cruisedeckplans.com' has this detailed page for the Viking 'Deluxe' cabin which says in part:

Cabin Square Footage: 270
Balcony Square Footage: 46

But Viking's own website tells us the Deluxe cabin is 270 sq ft INCLUDING the balcony - "Stateroom size: 270 sq ft (includes private veranda)" (although I guess one could question what 'includes' means in this context ...). 

Cruisedeckplans.com has this detailed page for the Oosterdam 'Signature Suite' cabin and says: 

Cabin Square Footage: 294
Balcony Square Footage: 87

Holland America's own website doesn't seem to state any official cabin size for the Signature Suite. 

Cruisemapper.com says this about the Oosterdam Signature suite: 

Cabin - 275 - 285 sq ft
Balcony - 100 sq ft

So this is all very confusing information.  Is there a definitive place that lists the various cabin only and balcony only sizes for the various cabins? Or can someone tell me what exactly Viking mean when they say "Stateroom size: 270 sq ft (includes private veranda)"; I take it they mean the 270 figure includes the size of the balcony, but I guess one could interpret it to mean, "the stateroom has a size of 270 sq ft, and also includes a private veranda"

The Viking Penthouse Veranda suite has this description on the Viking website: "Stateroom size: 338 sq ft (includes private veranda)". Cruisedeckplans says the cabin is 338 sq ft and the balcony is 58 sq ft.  If that's really true, then we would be very happy with the Penthouse Veranda as it's going to be significantly bigger than the Signature Suite on HA.