NEW SENSATION photos

aloveforwander

Gee, compared to other ships, the Sensation looks small.... LOL

There are only two ships in Carnival's fleet that are smaller. However, there are eleven ships in Carnival's fleet that are bigger.

richym1,

LOL, I've read people describing the Sensation being like that picture! :rolleyes: The pictures were considerably better though.

For those of you who can't see the picture righym1 posted, click on the E in the left hand side of your address bar and drag it onto the middle of the page and release and the picture will load. ;)

Or hit the refresh button if a blank window loads. I don't know why it does that.

richym1,

They set their site up like that to prevent hotlinking; saves them a bundle on bandwidth charges. They can disable the refresh option as well, but clicking and dragging the Blue E in the address bar makes the site think it is a link from within and not a hotlink from another site.

LOL! You guys are sooo funny to ME this morning. BUT, I was really hoping for some REAL photos of the Sensation. We will be WAITING to board her in about 3 weeks. Hope we won't have as long at the 3/23 sailing.

LOL! You guys are sooo funny to ME this morning. BUT, I was really hoping for some REAL photos of the Sensation. We will be WAITING to board her in about 3 weeks. Hope we won't have as long at the 3/23 sailing.

How about this (and yes, it really is the Sensation) ...

Sensation798X599.jpg">

My wife booked us on the Sensation 4/10 sailing. This will be our second cruise. The first was RCCL Adventure of the Seas 2 years ago. Untill I just looked at the picture I did't think about going from a huge boat to a smaller one.

I guess I would like to know from you seasoned cruisers what are the pros and cons of a smaller boat and will I be suprised by anything?

Cuizer2 is there a site where you found that picture that has the other ships as well? Looking for one of the Valor like that.

Thanks in advance

Many of the Carnival ships photos I have, including the Sensation photo I posted on this thread, were available as downloads from the Carnival web site around 2001 through 2003 (I don't recall exactly). However, these pre-date the Valor which entered service in 2004 (if I recall correctly).

Still lookiong for some pictures, but here is the list of what they were going to do:

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Articles/2006_refurbs.aspx

Renovations to Ecstasy and Sensation

The refurbishments of the 2,052-passenger Ecstasy and Sensation, which will take place in Mobile, Ala., will include new nine-hole miniature golf courses and new 1,600-square-foot Children’s World play areas, part of the ongoing expansion of the line’s top-rated "Camp Carnival" program.

Aft lounges on both ships will be reconfigured to house new family recreation areas featuring audio/visual equipment for displaying movies and other programming. The Ecstasy and Sensation will also house new art galleries and 1,200-square-foot conference rooms.

All of the Ecstasy’s 1,026 cabins, including 54 suites, will be completely refurbished, while new lighting, flooring, wall coverings and dessert stations will be added to the Panorama Bar & Grill poolside restaurant. The ship’s gift shop will be renovated, as well.

A patisserie offering specialty coffees and sweets and a new photo gallery will be installed on the Sensation’s promenade, while a redesigned Internet café will be located adjacent to the ship’s purser’s information desk on Empress Deck.

The Sensation’s 12,000-square-foot Spa Carnival facility will also be renovated and a poolside stage will be relocated to a covered area on Lido Deck, providing guests with more space for sunning and relaxing. Suites on the Sensation will also be refurbished to include an entirely new décor and completely remodeled bathrooms.

Your post got me thinking if our trip opn April 20 was changed so I went to Carnival to look...guess we are going on the Fantasy as well. I haven't heard from my TA about it yet. I bet I will get a call on Monday.

Archived