Celebrity's Perry Grand & HAL's Kory Simon

grandsix

A similar thread has been started on Holland Americas board.

We have had the privalge of getting to know piano playing entertainers Perry Grant of the Constellation and Kory Simon now on the Noordam. Both are quite talented piano players and singers. Both are quite outspoken . Both have a large following. We find perry to be more flambouyant in his dress.

Has anyone else sailed with these entertainers?

We sailed with Perry on the CONSTELLATION in October..enjoyed his shows so much, that we skipped the nightly entertainment in the main theatre. Standing room only most nights.

We sailed on the Constellation last April for the transatlantic. Once we discovered Perry, we skipped the shows and headed straight for Michael's Club each night. Think we missed two nights the entire cruise. Loved him, loved the songs he played. Would love to sail on the same ship he is on again. But only the Summit and Millie appear in the near future for us.

Here's another Perry Grant fan. Have had the pleasure of sailing with him numerous times. If anyone sees him aboard the Constellation please send him

regards from 'Nana & Joanne' Thank you...Happy Sailing!!

We discovered Perry on our November Constellation cruise and he was the highlight. Okay, maybe dinner at the Captain's table was the highlight, but he's very memorable. :D We listen to quite a bit of the old standards, and we often find ourselves bouncing along in "Perry style."

We just returned from the March 18th sailing of the Constellation and Perry was in fine form! We too found ourselves heading to Michael's immediately after dinner instead of going to the regular shows. Perry is great!

Perry indicated that he may be transferring to the Summit in a few weeks but he wasn't sure when. He seems to want to stay with the Constellation instead because of the itineraries. I'd love to go on a sailing with Perry again!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I saw Perry Grant on the Constellation last year in October. Just loveeeeed him! If you didn't get in early you were standing.

I loved his Judy Garland....show 100....wearing a long white sequined gown....coming down those 99 steps and his wand blessing----queen style.

Oh I do hope he comes to the Summit...since I'm sailing on her in December to Hawaii and May to Alaska...Sorry Perry, I want you to change ships for me.

I hate to say it but I was just on the Infinity and poked my head in Michael's Club a few times and just the piano player was there...no one else. Felt sorry for her and made a comment to hubby, "if Perry was here it would be packed"

They even made an announcement to visit Michael's Club on that ship. I don't think they had to that with Perry on board.

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned from the trans atlantic crossing on the Constellation and just loved going to his shows. Once we discovered him, we would plan our evening around his show times. Had us in stitches with his funny banter with the audience and especially loved the schtick with his "balls" and the elderly groupies that tend to his "balls". One night he was flirting quite a bit with my husband and even asked him to turn on his "balls". I almost fell out of my chair! (of course you'd have to see his show to know that I'm talking about his illuminated multicolored disco balls!)

We were too late in getting a CD from the gift shop and was wondering if anyone knows how I can get one now? I've searched on line and I don't think he even has a web site. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Eileen

I remember Perry Grant from His Holland America days. We haven't run into him yet on Celebrity.

He is quite a showman and actually a fabulous pianist. We love Perry!!

Ginnie

Just returned from the trans atlantic crossing on the Constellation and just loved going to his shows. Once we discovered him, we would plan our evening around his show times. Had us in stitches with his funny banter with the audience and especially loved the schtick with his "balls" and the elderly groupies that tend to his "balls". One night he was flirting quite a bit with my husband and even asked him to turn on his "balls". I almost fell out of my chair! (of course you'd have to see his show to know that I'm talking about his illuminated multicolored disco balls!)

We were too late in getting a CD from the gift shop and was wondering if anyone knows how I can get one now? I've searched on line and I don't think he even has a web site. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Eileen

Me too!! Was in there just about every night. Loved the act with Al and Djeljko too - epic ballard, anyone??? :D

Crossed paths with Perry Grant on our March 26 Constellation cruise and loved him. We headed straight for Michael's Club every night before or after dinner (sometimes both before AND after) and really enjoyed his schtick. Looking forward to seeing him again on future cruises.

Archived